what is it about drum n bass that attracts arrogant wankers ?

The most arrogant and narrow minded people I met were listening to DNB, Hip Hop or Hardcore Punk.

Im looking at your avatar and I don't mean to offend..

but i toured the uk and europe in a band that played in the hardcore scene a lot and i found the biggest load of wankers happens to be straight edgers... but like we sed earlier every scene has their dickheads.. im sure your a sound guy, but as a straight edger im sure you know how arrogant and self righteous some edgers can be!

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

I think this the interesting point. The original question wasn't how much of a dick/wanker/cock they were, it was the arrogance. In my experience there is an unbelievable and (from my point of view) unjustified arrogance that you don't see as much elsewhere. This isn't in itself a problem, but the dismissal of genres of music as 'shit' because of a different taste is retarded really. Unless you genuinely believe you have a god given gift to choose whats best in the world for everyone. You liking something doesn't make it the best, it means its the best for you.

Anyway, you can be the nicest person in the world and still be arrogant as hell.

Agreed :)

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

If theres any arrogance its cos we are passionate about the music. Almost everybody i know up here in donny/yorkshire is into hardcore/hardstyle/hard dance etc, and i can firmly say i will never rave with those people lol. Most of the lads are wideeyed shirtless morons who smell of veggie water with massive ego problems and most of the lasses look like skeletor on a come down. The decent ones (luckily the ones i know) are few and far between lol. I know heads get messy too but the 4 to the floor crew you never can tell wether they wanna fuck you or bite your ears off and smear the blood across their chests.

p.s. theres nothing worse than people saying they love dnb or dubstep cos darren styles has put a dnb/dubstep breaking in a tune or something, fucking cringe... they deserve it sometimes!

who isnt passionate about their favourite genre of music ?

but yeah, its same down here mate, in my town there is a select few of people who listen to dnb (me and my friends and a few older people ive met down my local pub lol) everyone else are massive roidheads into bionic hardstyle and hardcore events.. which is my idea of HELL...

yet altho they all love to get into ketamine induced comas and sniff mcat everyday of the week while listenin to that music, they are a nice bunch of people and dont seem to look down at anyone, like i find alot of people in the dnb scene do..

i do agree the jump up nights to seem to attract alot of the bellends in comparison to a shogun audio night..

none the less the 'skeletor on a come down' comment although harsh is brilliant and pretty much spot on haha!!

Im looking at your avatar and I don't mean to offend..

but i toured the uk and europe in a band that played in the hardcore scene a lot and i found the biggest load of wankers happens to be straight edgers... but like we sed earlier every scene has their dickheads.. im sure your a sound guy, but as a straight edger im sure you know how arrogant and self righteous some edgers can be!

this. so many of them seem to think that because they don't 'poision their body' with drugs and alcohol they must be superior. Not all of them of course, but so many. Nearly got beaten up at a gallows gig because i bought a fuckin pint.

Nearly got beaten up at a gallows gig because i bought a fuckin pint.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Didnt read most of the posts in this thread butttttt
All of the nights i've been too its all been fine, no problems at all. Only anoying thing round here is a couple of elitist local dj's...
Think people tend to reckon dnb heads are twats because of the type of music it actually is, its alot faster and more aggressive than other genres, therefore people think the audience who listen to it are aggressive.
Also dnb used to be associated with chavs and that, but now you got liquid and dark/techy stuff its bought in a wider crowd. Dunno how it would be if you went to a jump-up event though?

i found the biggest load of wankers happens to be straight edgers...

I absolutely agree with that and what ahmed said is abso right. I´ve been in the hardcore scene simultaneously for a long time aswell but I haven´t always been straight edge. In fact I´m only for half a year now and I won´t give up having amarettini or wine sauce. :teeth:

What I see in myself is, that you of course build up some sort of anger if you´re sober and you´re friends are not. Because they act silly and get on your nerves and stuff..behaving like six year olds. Also a lot of people are seriously avoiding me, because I don´t wanna wake up with a balloon head the next day..who cares tho. Fuck em.

the arrogance point is probably true of every genre, there will be people properly into any scene who will see loads of pilled up nobs sweating a fat one out in a mosh pit and think what a cunt.
i do it to an extent, if i see people moshing away to rockwell i'll think what wanker i bet they know nothing about dnb, but at the end of the day it's just their way of enjoying it, and people always kinda look down at stuff that they themselves don't do.

each to their own and all that.

the arrogance point is probably true of every genre, there will be people properly into any scene who will see loads of pilled up nobs sweating a fat one out in a mosh pit and think what a cunt.
i do it to an extent, if i see people moshing away to rockwell i'll think what wanker i bet they know nothing about dnb, but at the end of the day it's just their way of enjoying it, and people always kinda look down at stuff that they themselves don't do.

each to their own and all that.

Yeah defos, i think everyone should be allowed to enjoy music in there own way..
but i cant help but see a moshpit at a rave and cringe..

okaay its just their way of having fun, but for me id rather see people dancign than flying into one another... ive had enough of that at hardcore punk shows lol

Yeah defos, i think everyone should be allowed to enjoy music in there own way..
but i cant help but see a moshpit at a rave and cringe..

okaay its just their way of having fun, but for me id rather see people dancign than flying into one another... ive had enough of that at hardcore punk shows lol

Completely agree, when its ruining other peoples fun its not good!

During Hypes set at the last Playaz night there was some people starting a mosh pit....and plenty of people were getting caught in the middle of it when just trying to have a dance and enjoy the night! Not backing the mosh pit thing AT ALL

Didn't know about straight edgers till now. Nice thread. I don't think dnb attracts arrogant people buuuut some of the more working class nights can be more boisterous and aggressive. Depends what you're used to. Moshing's a bit different though I don't remember it before 2005 or so...wish it would fuck off.

What do straight edgers do for kicks?

Also a lot of people are seriously avoiding me, because I don´t wanna wake up with a balloon head the next day..who cares tho. Fuck em.

People avoiding you for your choice of being straight edge is unfair mate.. alot of people say straight edge is boring..
but i know edgers that will go out n go just as mad as someone who is roaring drunk... infact to anyone who doesnt know them they would have no idea they are sober!

i even used to buy weed of a straight edger!!... yea although very contradictory to straight edge he used to call it "making money off the weak.." haha.. he was a nice guy!

i respect any lifestyle choice...

and from time to time i still blast out some gorrilla bisucits, earth crisis and minor threat... lol its gotta be done!

Ive been to most raves dnb garage dubstep local nightclubs etc and dnb is the worst i have experienced. Trust me ive seen it all

I agree with some of the stuff in here, don't agree with some of it.

I would assume people think I am very arrogant, but yeah it is because I am passionate about it. I couldn't give a fuck what you think about me when I am enjoying the music I like.

I normally don't drink (at least I don't get drunk, maybe a few pints over a night) because I can have large amounts of fun without spending 4 quid on a pint. Conversely if I go to a night with shit music I make sure there is cheap drinks and get absolutely train wrecked. I do get angry at people who don't show respect though. I am glad you are having fun dancing, but don't chase your mates around and twat me in the face. show some respect. you cunt.

Welll I'm no expert but I think it (partly) depends on the kinda raves you go to...I only attend ones at fabric/cable usually so cant speak of the crowds at smaller events/illegal raves but yeh the shoguns & criticals i've been to have lovely peeps who are all about the music & creating a positive vibe. I've been in the emosh position a few times going fabric alone but its so easy to approach groups & have a skank out. Was at cable for last shogun & my mates didnt get in till late...so was on my own for a bizzle and some guy comes up to me & literally says "hey mate hate to see you by yourself come join us s’all good"..now if your in a scene where people are as nice & upront as that its always going to be a good look. I go to ministry & accidently bump into a guy fair chance he'd front...i do the same at fabric on a dnb night most damage someone would do would be to give me an overly tight hug of apology. I've seen some trouble at a few playaz before and admittedly if I ever go to one in the future (...na) id probs take a shield with me and jam in a corner by the looks of some of the mans i’ve seen there.....but overall most headz seem healthy, cant say i’ve come across these pricks you speak of

Back
Top Bottom