Drive By vs Movement @ Creation (4/10/2002)

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
Driveby vs Movement @ Creation, Bristol. 4/10/2002.

I dont know why I dont go raving in Bristol more, with it being a quick 40 minute drive down the road, and with the quality (and sheer amount) of nights they got runnin down there, your spoilt for choice! My second time to Creation is a touchdown between legendary London promoters Movement, and Bristol crew, Drive By.
The sounds of Brian G graced us as we entered the main room, and even though it was before midnight, the room was nicely packed. As always with Mr G, it was all about the dubplate business, much to the delight of the dancefloor crew! Ending his set with a Danny C double-whammy of 'Latin Track' and the follow-up to the Mexican was a nice contrast, to the darkside Virus rumblings that were coming up next!
The last time I saw Ed Rush was at Ransom back in May, so I was looking forward to his set. Tracklisting wise - I was not disappointed! 'Scrambled Eggs', 'Huggy Bear' and 'New Generation' and loads more dubs had all the ravers bubblin. Unfortunately, I felt the mixing let his set down, although I noticed a few of his tunes were on CD so maybe he was just having trouble with the CD mixer. Anyway, all to soon his set came to a close, and up stepped Radio 1's Fabio.
Opening with a funky liquid roller which set the pace for the rest of his set, Fabs played a blinder! Choons included the 2003 remix of 'Midnight', the stunning new 'LK' remix (my debut hearing!) and his fave '3am' - all of which got pretty much instant rewinds. By this time, Stamina Mc was singing his heart out to the crowd, and when he announced Brasil's Dj Patife, I hardly noticed Fabios departure!
I always enjoys Patifes sets - diverse tracklistings, tight mixes and his infectious enthusiasm get me going every time! Plus, another highlight of the night was the blistering 'Sambassim' vip! If you havent heard it then beware! Some serious old skool business gwarnin! Other set highlights were the catchy 'Dont Wanna Know', 'Barcelona' (plus live singalong with stamina - great! </sarcasm>) and of course the LK vocal mix, which of course, you know who sang along to!
Next up was Drive By founder Gerard. Unfortunately tho, my pissed up mate decided to disappear at this point so we all had to leave but the reports I heard from the rest of the night were all good. Gutted I missed Die & Tali but these things happen! Shouts to everyone there on the night!

Back
Top Bottom