Found my true love...

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
First up, respect to all of you.

Second up - a little introduction to myself. Brought up in London, living in Warsaw, Poland, got into music through Prodigy's Music for the Jilted Generation and Cypress Hill's Black Sunday (still waiting for a jungle version of Cock the hammer). Got into dnb around 96. I'm open to everything that's good, from dnb to acid jazz to hippity hop to electro to metal. Most music I can't stand though. If its not quality, then I prefer silence.

First track I remixed was Superthruster from Sly & Robbie. First decent track I produced was an acid jazz throwaway.

I dj. I've played clubs and parties. Not a lot. First dnb set I played two weeks ago. First set I ever played was October '03. Booty (!) at a prog house club. I must have been out of my head. I'm not a good dj but with dnb, playing is a pure pleasure so in time, I might be one. I don't even dance any more, I prefer to see people jumping to my beats. And quality dnb nights are hard to find here (I even prefer cheese to some kid fiddling with mid and high).

Third up - dnb styles preferred - anything thats quality, from dark to jump up and up to but not including noodle. Big phat basslines preferred. Cymbals and kicks without bass, not. Bass to the place.

Fourth up - I drive a nasty yellow Renault Megane Coupe with a subwoofer that takes up half the boot. That's why I like big bass lines. Junglist stylee.

Fifth up - If anyone wants to swap booty for dnb, give me a shout.

Sixth up - bass is my true love.

Well... I am strictly on foot falcon, with a nasty pair of headphones with bored out base channels.
so your givin up the booty... :P

Bijou said:
so your givin up the booty... :P
Nah, free booty is part of the bonuses of djing. And having a car. :finger:

Playing dnb after booty is like going to bed with your best friend, having great sex and wondering what the fuck you were ever doing before. In a strictly hetero way of course.

:rave:

:welcome:

I see you luv the bass (almost) as much as i do. We got sum shit in common, cuz prodigy is what got me into all manner of dance muzik. And i too listen to everything from metal to hip hop to whatever is good, but of course the phat basslines are my true luvs. And me luvs the booty! :razz: so u still makin ur own shit? id like 2 hear sumthin...

zooyork_skater said:
:welcome:

I see you luv the bass (almost) as much as i do. We got sum shit in common, cuz prodigy is what got me into all manner of dance muzik. And i too listen to everything from metal to hip hop to whatever is good, but of course the phat basslines are my true luvs. And me luvs the booty! :razz: so u still makin ur own shit? id like 2 hear sumthin...

Cool.

I'm working on something currently - sampling "The Warriors". Not sure yet if its cheesy as fuck or just happy. The basslines are phat though (double basslines at spaced octaves). I've got the sneaking suspicion that there are a million tracks that sample the same film but I haven't heard any.

If you like old Prodigy, check out the Freestylers new album. These guys have more energy and talent than Liam has shown for years.

No good pics of my cars but they're fairly standard, no mods on the outside - I prefer to spend my money on audio inside. When I go by it sounds like Ali G driving down the street, windows rattling. Booyaka! Yeah, I'm a cheesy fucker.

The CRX is a real beauty though, only 20K on the clock.

Dustek said:
Cool.

I'm working on something currently - sampling "The Warriors". Not sure yet if its cheesy as fuck or just happy. The basslines are phat though (double basslines at spaced octaves). I've got the sneaking suspicion that there are a million tracks that sample the same film but I haven't heard any.

If you like old Prodigy, check out the Freestylers new album. These guys have more energy and talent than Liam has shown for years.

No good pics of my cars but they're fairly standard, no mods on the outside - I prefer to spend my money on audio inside. When I go by it sounds like Ali G driving down the street, windows rattling. Booyaka! Yeah, I'm a cheesy fucker.

The CRX is a real beauty though, only 20K on the clock.

Aight, cool. Yeah old Prodigy wuz killa, i wanna hear these Freestylers. See if I can find the cd.

Just found my name on a list of Nazi Techno Djs. All because I put a link on my blog (with the words "OH MY GOD") to some damn Dj Totenkopf - out of extreme surprise that anybody could be stupid enough to combine both nazism and techno. I can just see it - skinheads necking e's with swastikas on them.

What next? Gay nazi techno, I guess. And if make fun of them, will I end up asked to play at the Gay Nazi Love Parade? Shit, actually I'm sure there is gay nazi techno - homosexualism (crypto or otherwise) is a key aspect of nazism.

My family suffered terribly because of those bastard pussies.

Oh yeah - Fabriclive 19 - Freestylers is the best mix cd I've heard this year.

Back
Top Bottom