Multi Genre Skank or nothing

Rezonate

Hi guys new one from me drumstep/dnb continuing with this reggae vibe to tracks at the minute would be great to get some feedback good/bad or even if its just some small changes or not quite to your personal taste it would be good to know.

I think the bass could do with a bit more work perhaps its a bit muddy would be good to see what you guys thinks.

Its up for free download so grab a copy if you like it.

http://soundcloud.com/djrezonate/skank-or-nothing

Cheers for your time :)

Last edited:
Hey Rezonate, the filter on your percussion on the intro is not really working, I think it either needs to be much more extreme, so you filter up from silence, or taken out because as it stands it simply sounds muffled. I like the change at 1:40. Not sure about the jangly musical element that comes before that and reimerges later perhaps it could be used more sparingly with a little blast of the sound with long dub delays? The Bass wobble sound great.

Hey Rezonate, the filter on your percussion on the intro is not really working, I think it either needs to be much more extreme, so you filter up from silence, or taken out because as it stands it simply sounds muffled. I like the change at 1:40. Not sure about the jangly musical element that comes before that and reimerges later perhaps it could be used more sparingly with a little blast of the sound with long dub delays? The Bass wobble sound great.

Thanks for the feedback man. There isn't a filter on the percussion at the start just quite heavily eq'd cos the loop had some nasty high end stuff on it. Will probably just go and write a reggae one drop beat from scratch but i may add a filter as suggested. I guess the jangly musical element is the horn lead your referring to? I was wondering whether that was gonna be a bit too much as i had used it in the build as well as the drop so yeah prob not a bad idea to cut and dub it up with some delays as suggested to bring in some space and variation.

Thanks for listening!

Commented on sc, as i said on the other tune i can't be more specific right now cuz im listening with headphones.

Cheers!

Would be great to get some more feedback on this tracks peeps. Let me know what you think harsher the better!

Agree about the filtering in the intro, either hi pass it or low pass it fully, dont leave it muffled like that, also sounds like the Q is quite high on your filter giving it quite a bit of unwanted resonance. Nice riser and build, think a nice little pause of silence before the drop, would give the drop more impact. This has got a nice rolling vibe to it, but think you could benefit from a few drum fills here and there to keep it interesting.

man 2 threads for the same tune? major headache!! i gave feedback in the other one.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

oh didnt see you made this one first, my apologies

Agree about the filtering in the intro, either hi pass it or low pass it fully, dont leave it muffled like that, also sounds like the Q is quite high on your filter giving it quite a bit of unwanted resonance. Nice riser and build, think a nice little pause of silence before the drop, would give the drop more impact. This has got a nice rolling vibe to it, but think you could benefit from a few drum fills here and there to keep it interesting.

Thanks for checking the track fletch. Will sort that one drop loop out at the start. I just dropped in a shit quality reggae loop to get an intro down for the track I know it sounds pretty bad but i had come to a sort of lack of direction as to where to go with it so I thought time for some feedback....will have a look at getting bit more space before the drop too :)

As per usual big ups for leaving some feedback much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

man 2 threads for the same tune? major headache!! i gave feedback in the other one.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

oh didnt see you made this one first, my apologies

No worries mate

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

Commented on your SoundCloud. Awesome stuff. 8)

Thanks for checking the track glad you like it :)

liking the vibe in the intro. kickroll is a bit too much for me tho. drop could do with some more refining, imo the bass is kinda overpowering the drums atm, some clever eqing could do loaaads (try notching out 200hz ie to let the snare come through a bit more) and maybe clean the kick up a little bit aswell.

that chilled section later on with not so much wobble is much more to my likings, that synth is too trancey imo ^^

overall a pretty cool tune! big ups!

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------

agree with fletch on that "silence before the drop" thing aswell, would give it that hint of more impact that it needs imo.

liking the vibe in the intro. kickroll is a bit too much for me tho. drop could do with some more refining, imo the bass is kinda overpowering the drums atm, some clever eqing could do loaaads (try notching out 200hz ie to let the snare come through a bit more) and maybe clean the kick up a little bit aswell.

that chilled section later on with not so much wobble is much more to my likings, that synth is too trancey imo ^^

overall a pretty cool tune! big ups!

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 ----------

agree with fletch on that "silence before the drop" thing aswell, would give it that hint of more impact that it needs imo.

Thanks for checking the track man. Will have another go at this track late in the week and repost. Feedbackhas been great loads of elements to try and incorporate in the next version. Thanks to everyone that has listened and left some comments :)

Back
Top Bottom