DJ CONTAKT - TECH, STEP & ROLL VOL.1

Subjekt Music

VIP Junglist
Here it is... My first official mix for the forum. I know a few peeps have been waiting on me to do a mix for a long time! Anyway, here it is. I hope you enjoy it. All feedback / pisstaking is appreciated

Here is the first in what will hopefully become a regular mix series from me. A collection of tunes from the dark and techy end of the D&B spectrum, Tech, Step & Roll Vol.1 is something I've been working on for the last week or so. I'm pretty pleased with it. I hope you enjoy listening to it. All feedback and comments much appreciated.

So... Heads down, volume up and faces set to screwed. Lets go.

TRACKLISTING:

C4C - Something Else (Break RMX) [C4C LTD]
>>> Spinline - Run [Ram]
>>> Bad Company - The Pulse [Prototype]
Zero T & Ulterior Motive - Breach [Subtitles]
Hazard - Proteus [Playaz]
Enei ft. Riya - No Fear [Critical]
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint [Invisible]
Phace - Basic Memory [Neosignal]
Rockwell - Unit Shifter [Shogun]
Hazard - Food Fight [Playaz]
Enei - Stonehead [Critical]
Subterra & Dekko - Bonsai Run [Invisible]
Rockwell - Stay Calm [Critical]
Stray - Saturday [Invisible]
Lomax - Mercia [Ram]
>>> Enei - One Chance
Basher - Transmission [Ram]
Spectrasoul - Organiser [Critical]
Phace - Strange Science
Sato - Detroit Lies Bleeding (Phobia RMX) [Ingredients]
Break - Diffusion [Subtitles]

Pre-pitched/pre-mixed

:teeth:

Only joking m9, you've finally done it. I am already listening, opening mixes are fucking dirt. Will give full feedback when I can ;)

very very tight throughout, impressive (y)

tune selection as i said was very good, including one or two bits i hadn't heard before which was nice (diffusion bonzai run)

and

were definitely my favourite mixes, sounded really nice.
overall i really enjoyed it, so fair play!

very very tight throughout, impressive (y)

tune selection as i said was very good, including one or two bits i hadn't heard before which was nice (diffusion bonzai run)

and

were definitely my favourite mixes, sounded really nice.
overall i really enjoyed it, so fair play!

Nice one man.

Bonsai Run is such a slept on tune. Gets overlooked cos of Floating Zero. I think it works well with Stonehead. The groove on Bonsai Run is insane.

Glad people are feeling the No Fear / Underprint mix. Was defo screwfacing when I did that one

Cheers for checking it out and the feedback

Quality mix mate, absolute vibes, No Fear into Proteus was a big mix. loved the selection. proper tight mixing. Big up

nice mix man. my sort of tunes for sure and it is good to see bonsai run getting love from someone other than me!

Stray - Saturday is a riddim too man, hadn't appreciated that before.

Basically every song I have in that TL (about 2/3s of them) I rinse anyway, so i gotta a lot of love for all of them and this mix

Lovely mix man, rinsing the soundcloud app on my phone whenever I can

Reminded me of how much a tune 'Run' is. I remember when it was floating around on dub, Sigma said "..the problem with a tune like this is that, when you play it, it makes everything else sound shit..". YEP

yes wayne!
this was wicked, well impressed, why its taken you this long to grace us with a mix i dont know.

into was wicked, all 3 tunes are personal favourites of mine and were mixed brilliantly.

breach > proteus was cool but not my fav mix
no fear was wicked, really liked it.
underprint was safe too, came in a lil loud but otherwise swish.
basic memory - oh gosh.. will be trying this myself later, wicked blend.
unit shifter was fiya
food fight > stonehead was cool, think i would have prefered the bass eq's the other around way tho.
bonsai run - just awesome.
stay calm was swish, i swear it says mogwai in this tune. reminds me of mogwai's, which is nice.
saturday - mix was lush.
merica - such a tune, completley forgot about this one.
merica > transmission was nice, bit heavy treble on treble action but still good.
organiser > s science was nom
detroit - fucking yeah! loved this mix
diffusion - great mix to finish on.

really liked it man. tracklist was right up my street, didnt even mind the hazard bits.
mixing was safe! you work well with those a&h filters, i really need to have a go on one myself.
only thing i didn't like was the 2 min silence at the end, cut off the excess audio in a wave editor.
looking forward to vol 2 man!

Back
Top Bottom