Waves December Deals
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Does wearing ear protection at raves.....

Oh lawdy...this thread feels like some kind of public health broadcast. I demand to hear the consequences of aural abuse from Dr Miszt!

Formerly Known As Prince $marty's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danwell View Post
    They give them out for free in Cable
    Most defo man. If a clubs system is over a certain limit, they have to provide free ear plugs. It's the law.

Thanks

That's only for employees though Smarty... http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...ulation/7/made

I have to say I'm half tempted to give them a go purely to see what it's like to not be half deaf the following day but I am curious as to why I see so few people actually wearing them if they're so popular? Also I think if a lot of clubs stuck to the volumes set out in their license there wouldn't be a problem but nobody wants to dob them in so it's catch 22 really...

Thanks

not at all man.
    i've never worn ear protection when i have been out 'avin it large' but i wish i had.

I'm only 21 and i'm already having problems hearing lower levels of sound. (the majority of that damage being down to all the loud metal i used to listen to when i was kid i would imagine).
    But all them times i've been hugging the speaker at a cheese club surely haven't helped either.

i look like a right norman having to ask some poor cunt to repeat themselves three or four times until they realise they need to speak louder lol.

Quote Originally Posted by logikz View Post
    what a lovely group of young strollops. two pence more and up goes the donkey what what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
    I heard it was Dr Probablyshouldhaveleftthatkrome&timetunealone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jaro View Post
    That's only for employees though Smarty... http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...ulation/7/made

I have to say I'm half tempted to give them a go purely to see what it's like to not be half deaf the following day but I am curious as to why I see so few people actually wearing them if they're so popular? Also I think if a lot of clubs stuck to the volumes set out in their license there wouldn't be a problem but nobody wants to dob them in so it's catch 22 really...
    the only people who ware them usually, as you say are staff, and also producers, the ones who value their hearing, some dj's too, but as i said before, constant loud noise isnt actually as dangerous as sudden volume changes, if you go from 50-60db out on the street, and stand in a club @ 110db, that is where the biggest danger comes from, if you build the volume up over an hour or so, ur ears adapt better, but it will still fuk ur ears up

i got tinnitus a few times, always from playing out, and always with monitors like Mackies, i'm allot more fussy about what I play on these days, often i'd rather have the monitors off and do it thru my cans...hopefully eventually i'll save up enough cash to get sum nice molded monitor headphone/filters for playing out

its a massive shame that they arnt pushed more imo, going deaf isnt the only problem, tinnitus can be permenant, and can also be very loud, some people develop to the point where its louder than anything else around them, a screaming high-pitched whine day in day out is pretty messed up

going by what is popular isnt a good way to deciede wether sumthing is a good idea, infact allot of the time humans behave like lemmings because of this kind of thinking and end up in all sorts of trouble

88mph - The Intervention (VA) - Blue Cheese Records | Focus - Warp Speed (VA) - Lifestyle Recordings

Sleepless Nights EP & 5meo LP (Vinyl) Out 2014 on SubSystem Audio - Deep Atmospheric

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jaro View Post

I would say a lot of the reason more people don't wear ear plugs is because they aren't into the music that much, and are there for a night out rather than a habit, and so don't have a lot of interest in music outside of it and so don't care for their hearing too much. Before I properly got into dnb I never wore earplugs, but do now because the next day when I am trying to listen to music and my hearing is fucked I go into near depression!
    lot of fools like to play the dating game, meet a new freak and ask whats your name. wine and dine and waste all that time. they spend money on a movie and some dinner, i get a bitch and go straight up in her.
    wow. so nonce. much deprave. such must die
    you will clearly see that women seem to be constructed of the parts god had over from after making the possum race, and then had the nerve to cover it up with pubic hair and religion.

Thanks

If you go to a hardware night, notice earplugs galore. If you go to a playaz night, people havent even heard of ear plugs.
    http://soundcloud.com/jonnyh/promomix

Quote Originally Posted by jamsebrown View Post
    Its really very Interesting to hear that you can put the video and edit and put your own and also which you want can mixed in the video that is the good and can upload that video on the web there mixed the music and videos in the web .

Thanks
    When I went to dmz people asked me why I was wearing earplugs.. I said why aren't you?

I sees ya I do I sees ya ONSLAUGHT88's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I play out regularly and have never worn earplugs, my ears are damaged now sometimes it feels like someone has thrown a flash grenade on cod at one ear and then my it rings and comes back. Not good at all, once the damage is done there isn't any going back.

I see it the same as wearing a helmet when riding a bike, you probably won't need it but what if you do.

But I never wear a helmet or ear plugs so maybe it's time for change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagarmizzle View Post
    you can't imply I am being racist just because I called somebody smelly or foreign

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danwell View Post
    When I went to dmz people asked me why I was wearing earplugs.. I said "WHAAAT!?!"
    fixed
    I filtered my bass some more and it just sort of got up, took a lug on my spliff, and walked out the room

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks

Only people who regularly drive vehicles like bus drivers should bother wearing seat belts IMHO.
    Last edited by Tim Reaper; 11-09-2011 at 21:40.

Thanks

Ive never worn earplugs out.

I used to get right down in the front by the speakers and subs all night long, and my hearing would go to shit for like a day or so after, but lately its started pissing me off how crowded it is down there and when im fucked up and ready to go mad, i like to have lots of room, so usually stay to the side or back, since doing that its only marginally reduced enjoyability, but my ears have been perfect when ive left.

I think if people wanna wear em, good on em for wanting to protect their hearing. You wear a seat belt in a car, a helmet on a bike, a visor when welding, and steel toe caps when carrying heavy shit, all because if the consequences of not doing so have permanent, life changing effects.

---
    Quote Originally Posted by $marty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry3 View Post
    wait til you get to about 30,000 then you pussy out and reset your post count because you dont want people to think youre a nerd. KARL
    Karl prestiged. He took it to the next level.
    ---

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ONSLAUGHT88 View Post
    Yeah I play out regularly and have never worn earplugs, my ears are damaged now sometimes it feels like someone has thrown a flash grenade on cod at one ear and then my it rings and comes back.
    I get this in my right ear just at random times, fucking well annoying

Formerly Known As Prince $marty's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Reaper View Post
    Only people who regularly drive vehicles like bus drivers should bother wearing seat belts IMHO.
    You know cabbie's don't have to wear seatbelts?

Thanks

if you think its too loud your too old

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast