User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Does wearing ear protection at raves.....

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jaro View Post
    Lol! Unless you work in a nightclub or you wanna stand next to the speaker I dont see the point. No other cunt wears them so why would you?
    So you don't end up like 'no other cunt' who can't hear the traffic when he's crossing the road all cos he stood too close to the stack at a valve night when the dj didn't turn down the gain on a loud tune before switching. Aint worthit man

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh Jono please...you're gonna have me in floods of tears! Standing too close to the stack is something you have to learn not to do...it's part of the process of growing up and becoming a man (I had to learn the hard way myself) but try and think of it as part of Darwinian natural selection. There are circumstances when you should wear them but for the average punter it really isn't worth it. I think at this point I'm gonna let you go back to all agreeing with each other or it's gonna look like I'm trolling but just remember than these forum consensus's don't always stand up in real life.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love raving with earplugs. Its more care free and more pain free. Also you can hear the tunes better and just generaly concentrate on the music better if you have good ones.
    Oh and you can still feel the bass through your body and rippling your face.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

out of curiosity papa how much (if you have) do you play out in clubs, i find my ears are often worse after mixing on a loudish system, because you have to have the monitors high generally to hear properly.

at the end of the day everyone has different ears that will respond in different ways to volume. some may be able to take it well, whereas others might really feel it.
    i for one am going to invest in some earplugs, i'd rather spend some money and maybe be overtly H&S concious, but id rather that than listening to a ringing in my ears for the rest of my days..

Visit DnB Blog for mixes, news and future releases

New

Click here to see it on Mixcloud

https://soundcloud.com/wastemanfm/wasteman-fm-sessions-volume-6

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People seem to think if your ears don't ring, they're not being damaged...

As everyones said, decent ear plugs won't alter the sound enough to ruin anything. Cheapy foam plugs are pretty bad, but even they're better than being deaf.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i've been going to gigs regulalrly for the last 7 years, and raving for the last 2 or so, where the music has always been loud as fuck. I'm now slightly deaf in one ear...I should probably start wearing some kind of ear-plugs, but i've pretty much grown up with a "meh...fuck it" attitude.
    I filtered my bass some more and it just sort of got up, took a lug on my spliff, and walked out the room

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They give them out for free in Cable

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would reccomend it doe, being deaf would suck.
    I filtered my bass some more and it just sort of got up, took a lug on my spliff, and walked out the room

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jaro View Post
    Oh Jono please...you're gonna have me in floods of tears! Standing too close to the stack is something you have to learn not to do...it's part of the process of growing up and becoming a man (I had to learn the hard way myself) but try and think of it as part of Darwinian natural selection. There are circumstances when you should wear them but for the average punter it really isn't worth it. I think at this point I'm gonna let you go back to all agreeing with each other or it's gonna look like I'm trolling but just remember than these forum consensus's don't always stand up in real life.
    It's not as simple as not standing next to the speaker. You may not have notable damage but that's like saying 'i smoked for 20 years and don't have cancer', it doesn't mean that you haven't done any damage to your hearing. That just highlights the fact that everyone's body is different and can take different levels of punishment. In general you can't just say that wearing ear plugs isn't worth it just because you personally can still hear fine.

I actually can't say if you're being serious btw, saying protecting your hearing is more about 'growing up and becoming a man' over wearing hearing protection..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust me, please wear them.

Am 20 and had my hearing checked bacause of now constant ringing. WHAM BAM - hearing age of a 60yr old, compared to a normal one when it was checked when i was at school. Spent 170 quid on the sick ones and they make raving better somehow. the musics never overpowering/ so loud you cant really comprehend it. dooooooo it
    http://soundcloud.com/jonnyh/promomix

Quote Originally Posted by jamsebrown View Post
    Its really very Interesting to hear that you can put the video and edit and put your own and also which you want can mixed in the video that is the good and can upload that video on the web there mixed the music and videos in the web .

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got those 'music safe' ones with the 3 filters for about 15 and they work fine. You hear the music much more clearly and with the filters you can choose how loud the music is
    Video of me doing a 3 deck mix- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIo4kLbpL44

Deep, Dark & Dangerous (3 Decks, 2.5 Hours)
    http://soundcloud.com/djmishmash/dj-mish-mash-deep-dark

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by $marty View Post
    ALWAYS wear earplugs. Your hearing is one thing that can never be replaced. I always regret never wearing them out when I was younger.
    Smarter words have ne'er been spoken. Custom earlplugs are the best thing you can ever do. Wear mine to play, to gigs and occasionally if I slice a large peice of meat with a power tool. But seriously - get a custom fitted pair that cut about 15db and wear them all around the club and just take them out when you go and talk with the smokers outside

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wobbie View Post
    I love raving with earplugs. Its more care free and more pain free. Also you can hear the tunes better and just generaly concentrate on the music better if you have good ones.
    Oh and you can still feel the bass through your body and rippling your face.
    yeah man, because your ears aren't trying to protect themselves from the LOUD NOISES you can actually hear a lot better. sounds like bullshit but that's what I am told and it goes with my personal experience too
    Quote Originally Posted by logikz View Post
    lot of fools like to play the dating game, meet a new freak and ask whats your name. wine and dine and waste all that time. they spend money on a movie and some dinner, i get a bitch and go straight up in her.
    wow. so nonce. much deprave. such must die
    you will clearly see that women seem to be constructed of the parts god had over from after making the possum race, and then had the nerve to cover it up with pubic hair and religion.

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wore a pair that cost me 20 - 30 quid at quarantine, was great, didn't lose any sound quality, no muffled sound, in fact I could actually hear the tracks better with the bass still kicking through, If you get cheap shit ones however, it will probably sound shit and wont protect your ears properly.

Just realised I just said pretty much the same thing as wobbie lol.
    Last edited by Structure4; 10-09-2011 at 21:36.

Drum & Bass Forum
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its always smart to protect your ears at raves even if its just shitty ear plugs, better to be safe than sorry. you'll be kicking yourself somewhere down the line if not protecting them as a negative impact. I generally always do, even if i do get a bit of shit because of it. Fuck it, i'd rather not make my tinnitus any worse!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast