Piano sounds with NI Massive?

What daw are you using outta curiosity?

Does that have anything to do with his question?

I would search through the presets for something that sounds like a piano and then check out how they made it, reverse-engineering mate!

Cubase 4, as far as I am aware there are no piano sounds within it!

I have used Logic Pro to make other tracks and that had some Grand Pianos and similar sounds built in which is real handy! :)

Does that have anything to do with his question?

I would search through the presets for something that sounds like a piano and then check out how they made it, reverse-engineering mate!

Nice idea man, now you mention it there is a sound on there that might work with the removal of some effects :) I will give it a go!

Cubase 4, as far as I am aware there are no piano sounds within it!

I have used Logic Pro to make other tracks and that had some Grand Pianos and similar sounds built in which is real handy! :)

Exactly my point, most daws, like Logic, have good standard instruments

I have the "Grand Ivory VST" and the "Reason Pianos Refill", more than enough for me. Also got Edirol Orchestra which I use more for orchestral parts, but damn I would like a copy of Vienna Symphonic Libraries.. :D

Pretty much just "get" edirol orchestral if you want to have anything that sounds like a piano

i wouldn't bother recreating a piano. theres plenty of lovely piano vst's and sample packs out there buddy

Massive is for Bass and synth stuff, why not just use the out of the box stuff within Cubase for starters?

That said I will check out edirol orchestral so thanks for the tip!

I have the "Grand Ivory VST" and the "Reason Pianos Refill", more than enough for me. Also got Edirol Orchestra which I use more for orchestral parts, but damn I would like a copy of Vienna Symphonic Libraries.. :D

This. There is no way you're ever going to come close to the absolute depth, versatility and quality you get from a good piano multi/hypersample. Hey, when you're basically using a £90,000 piano in your tunes, nothing else comes close.

Back
Top Bottom