What Program Will Be The Best For Producing DNB on pc

Nemesis Steve

hi all, i am looking for some advice on what studio to get for my pc.

i was using logic pro 8 for making drum&bass, well trying. apple just don't have what i am looking for.

i want to make dirty, fast, rinsing, deep bass DNB but never got that feel from logic.

so i am coming off apple and going into windows dose anyone have any ideas on what program to suite DNB.

This is just stupid man, try to learn something about producing.. Other programs wont make ur music better, u need how to use them then u can make music. It doesent matter what software u have, just ur skills.

This is just stupid man, try to learn something about producing.. Other programs wont make ur music better, u need how to use them then u can make music. It doesent matter what software u have, just ur skills.

come on man the guy is asking advice - why would it be stupid. I agree that you should explore every avenue until you find what works best for you. Loads of ppl use logic tho and dont have any problems. As for PC alot of ppl use FL studio with no issue as long as you stay away from the preset instruments cause they sound flat as a pancake. Same for reason imo - you can just ell when some one is using it (except fresh who made elm street on it)

I'm pretty sure plenty of people make 'dirty, fast, rinsing, deep bass DNB' with Logic but at the end of the day it doesn't matter what you use it depends on how you use it. If you haven't been producing long then nothing you produce is going to be good FACT, if I'm being honest with you everything you produce is going to be shit unless you have previous producing experience or you are musical prodigy but if you're not then you've got to learn. You think when someone picks up a guitar for the first time and they can't even play a chord they just say 'Nah that guitar wasn't for me if I get a different one I'll be pro.' No they don't they learn and get better, pretty much the same principle with producing. I personally prefer cubase but use logic as I can't find a crack for cubase for Mac and haven't got any money to buy it, I have started to like Logic though so not sure if I'll go back to cubase but what you gonna do. I've had a few drinks so sorry for rambling but before I go I have something to say...wrong section.

Yeah what those guys have already said.
Best thing to do is download demos of all the DAWs and see which one you find easiest to use.
They all can make dnb - but u got to learn - which will take months - not days.
good luck

thanks guys. i started out using garage band about 8 years ago, then i got logic, i spent years on logic, i know it in side out lol. i did every thing i could, but my music just sounds rubbish when i burnt it. it sounded good enough in the studio but not once burnt. i even used stylus RMX, sounded a little better.

fishy has a point, but i am not new to producing. just don't like logic sounds, even when you make it into your own sound.

have a listen to my tunes http://soundcloud.com/spinsmith

What? O_O

A good program isn't about what crap samples/synths come packaged with it, it's the capabilities and workflow within the program itself.

seriously though...
first, you need to have a full understanding on how to make your own sounds and lay them.

but software wise, these are the big sequencers:
digidesign pro tools[mac/pc]-www.digidesign.com
apple logic[mac]-www.apple.com
ableton[mac/pc]-www.ableton.com
imageline fruity loops[pc]-http://fruityloops.com/
propellerheads reason[mac/pc] more of a vst but what the hell-www.propellerheads.se

there are demos of pretty much all of these, so go see what you like...

almost all of those have built in instruments, but its always good to build a VST collection to create your own sound

audio interfaces:

an audio interface is what it sounds like, its how you interface your audio with your computer, its all your sound inputs and outputs, pretty much an external sound card

theres a lot of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navi...ording-cards-audio-interfaces?N=100001+304891

thanks guys. i started out using garage band about 8 years ago, then i got logic, i spent years on logic, i know it in side out lol. i did every thing i could, but my music just sounds rubbish when i burnt it. it sounded good enough in the studio but not once burnt. i even used stylus RMX, sounded a little better.

fishy has a point, but i am not new to producing. just don't like logic sounds, even when you make it into your own sound.

If you knew Logic in side out I'm sure you'd be more than capable of producing any genre of music with it. If it sounds good in the "Studio" then it should sound good everywhere else unless you're mixing down on some shit speakers. You're either trolling or you haven't got a clue.

hi all, i am looking for some advice on what studio to get for my pc.

i was using logic pro 8 for making drum&bass, well trying. apple just don't have what i am looking for.

i want to make dirty, fast, rinsing, deep bass DNB but never got that feel from logic.

so i am coming off apple and going into windows dose anyone have any ideas on what program to suite DNB.

probly about 70% of big dnb producers use Logic....

i would recomend a program like reason to start on, learn synthesis within it, you can do a fucking shitload with it, eg Stray uses it, from theyre expand to other programs when your ready, 1 - 2 years time id say. start simple, learn the synths and samplers inside out, use the routing cause its all very valuable info for when you move to hardware to another software program, once you know how to use reason or have outgrown it you will know WHAT you want out of a DAW and then save yo ass for one

All down to personal preference but personally Logic is perfect for me. Equipment and software should not matter it's all about the ideas ...

ever heard of mastering?

Cubase/Logic same thing really. Except Logic has some nicer standard plug-ins in my opinion. But I'd rather fish around for my Plug-ins & VST's...It's part of the fun :)
but yeah, what these guys said, just try em all.

Made me laugh when I saw Rusko using Sony Acid tho :P

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

don't get hung up on production either. i started getting comments on my production when i stopped obsessing about it :P

I make all my tunes in logic and most my basses are with the standard logic synths, just keep with it you can make any sounds if you work hard on all the synths :)

Back
Top Bottom