1210s - still deserve to be industry standard?

1210s - still deserve to be the industry standard?

• Yeah! - They're so durable, have enough features & everyone knows how to use 'em!

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Nah man! - these decks are OLD and just don't compare to newer top-end decks!

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

DJ Lordward

T.D.P.
VIP Junglist
Hopefully I'll be pickin up a pair of 1210s soon & I was wondering what y'all think of 'em now? Alot of people say they just don't compare with newer decks which are higher spec. I still reckon they deserve to be the industry standard as they have the bare essential features & last a lifetime (which is so important in clubs).
Leave a post in this thread with your vote to say why you voted for what you voted for!
Peace

DJ Lordward said:
Hopefully I'll be pickin up a pair of 1210s soon & I was wondering what y'all think of 'em now? Alot of people say they just don't compare with newer decks which are higher spec. I still reckon they deserve to be the industry standard as they have the bare essential features & last a lifetime (which is so important in clubs).
Leave a post in this thread with your vote to say why you voted for what you voted for!
Peace
1210 for me, although I've not used the Vestax.

However all the clubs I've ever played in have never had Vestax, so the takeover isn't here just yet.

Yeah i think that is the crux of the matter, Thay will be in every club youll ever play at, so why get used to the features of another deck. Anyway the 1210 isnt an old deck! diddnt the mark 3 just come in to up the standard, while keeping to the basic winning formula

id say 1210 all the way, but i was fortunate enuff to use a pair of Vestax last saturday, and hot damn!! they are sweet..!
still tho, they do your head in with all the knobs and dials...
when ill do the upgrade from my shity numarks, i m defo goin for the Techs.

vestax I mostly voted for.....in terms of performance they blow 1210's out of the water but caus they installed everywhere clubs won't change in any hurry!

yeah...spose we'll have to wait & see if another deck takes over, but i can't see that happening for a long time. until another deck proves to be as reliable & last as long as technics, its gonna be technics all the way.
I think its interesting how hardly any top of the range decks come with lids anymore! If you want decks to last and live in a club - they gotta come with lids haven't they! :weirdo:
Anyways, I'm pickin up my pair of 1210s 2nite so bring it on!! :gslayer:

who needs bpm counters and a reverse button.id say vestax are good 4 gabba djs cause u can speed it up.but as in scratchin n that technics are jus as reliable as vestax IMO

Ahh I picked up my 1210s last nite & damn they're sweet! They feel & look so gooood. Don't know if any1 else has noticed, but they smell real nice too lol

I guess cos they are standard, and been around so long people are sentimental about them too.
i love em, although I know there are some cool top end decks out there now

The technics have got to go, they're not a patch on vestax.

Notice how all the other turntable manufacturers bite vestax now and not technics.

I've never used a technics that performs 100% in any club I've played at which throws the durability argument out the window. They can't even be arsed to calibrate them at the factory so they could be playing 2% out without you knowing.

Serum said:
I've never used a technics that performs 100% in any club I've played at which throws the durability argument out the window.
The only reason they never perform well wen i use em is cos they dont bother changing the needles!

Serum said:
They can't even be arsed to calibrate them at the factory so they could be playing 2% out without you knowing.
huh?? what u mean?

technics have a habit of the pitch control going, they may seem solid but some of the components do go. 3 of my mates with 1210's have the same problem where the pitch will jump even when moving the fader a minute distance.

There is also an internal switch where the pitch range can be changed i.e. the chip fully clockwise will make your 1210's +/- 16% (its fucking rediculous locking down the pitch though)

1210's do need looking after and alot of club owners just don't bother caus they think 'oh industry standard, they won't go wrong'

can i just add, putting away a decks usability factor, that im really sick of decks looking like spaceships.
And thats why Techs will be teh uno,
until all people who appreciate simple hardware looks, perish..

Black box > silver shuttle
:slick: :bruce:

Last edited:
DJ Lordward said:
Ahh I picked up my 1210s last nite & damn they're sweet! They feel & look so gooood. Don't know if any1 else has noticed, but they smell real nice too lol
yeah! i always loved the smell of vinyl aswell
Ive been brought up to belive that when a product hits the market, it starts at a high price and over the life of the product the price gradually drops. If this where true of 1210s the original price would have been like 20.000 a set. Havnt thay been about 700 (for two) nicker since the dawn of time?
On the subject of vestax, When the pdx's landed the general consensus was that straight armed decks where practically impossible to jog. Is this still the case? how many people have seen 1210's with five pence peices glued to the stylus cover ;)

DJ Lordward said:
The only reason they never perform well wen i use em is cos they dont bother changing the needles!

huh?? what u mean?
My mate bought some new ones and when I tried to double up a track I had to have one on +4 and one on +6.
That don't happen on any vestax decks I've used

Add to that they're impossible to calibrate bang on (unless you can find 3.33333333333333333& exactly on your pitch slider)

Serum said:
My mate bought some new ones and when I tried to double up a track I had to have one on +4 and one on +6.
That don't happen on any vestax decks I've used

Add to that they're impossible to calibrate bang on (unless you can find 3.33333333333333333& exactly on your pitch slider)
damn thats well bad. il have to get 2 copies of a record & see if they're the same pitch on both of mine. I reckon they will be at the same speed tho.

@ Seethe: yeah theres always loadsa pennies taped onto 1210s in clubs, but i reckon thats cos they dont change the needles frequenly enough. My Ortofon Om Pros never skip on my 1210s, even with heavy scratching.

Back
Top Bottom