Simple Logic 9 question

JungleFever

VIP Junglist
Okay so I got logic a couple weeks ago, Ive learnt the basics except one anoying but simple problem..

When I create a multi-t midi track and insert UltraBeat, ultra beat will play the beat i have created but with out inserting a midi region in the arrange window if i add another track to it, it just plays them both at the same time..

very frustrating im sure its incredibly simple but cant get my head around it anyone care to help?

If you are making a multi-out UltraBeat, it will only play the sequence that was placed in the master channel (first channel) of UltraBeat even if you have added your other channels to the arrange window. It won't play the sequence in the other outed channels but you can still place a sequence there if you like, just so you know what is going on, you can still automate on these channels too and it will work. Just won't play sequenced midi stuffs.

In the bottom left corner of ultrabeat there is a black box to the right of where it says pattern. Drag and drop that to the arrange window. Only downer about ultrabeat is that you have to turn it off when you hit play otherwise you'll have all your drums in ultrabeat playing. Its a bit of a pain in the ass

In the bottom left corner of ultrabeat there is a black box to the right of where it says pattern. Drag and drop that to the arrange window. Only downer about ultrabeat is that you have to turn it off when you hit play otherwise you'll have all your drums in ultrabeat playing. Its a bit of a pain in the ass

Ahh, misread the question. Yeah, you've got to turn off UltraBeat to get rid of the annoying doubled pattern. Hopefully you will find my previous post of use as well.

seems pretty dum that logic is meant to be one of the best and it cant do a simple thing like that? bit strange really

What I do is add my Drum sounds, arrange them as needed and instead of using the pattern maker to make my beat, draw a midi section in the arrange and create my pattern in the piano roll. Essentially its the pattern maker but you have more control and it uses the notation that Ultrabeat assigns your samples to. I tried to do it your way first but it was way too complicated and a pain having to switch on and off the pattern maker!

Piano Roll is the way forward IMO :D

my 0.02, most people make beats in audio. i personally can't stand ultrabeat, it resists me at every turn. logic is awesome. ultrabeat is meh.

Back
Top Bottom