Andy C arguement

Personally I do there is a bit of trickery going on, you dont need to be a genius to work it out. Anyone ever heard Westfest 07? No doubt that was played off a cd, its studio quality blends and there's even a deliberate slip on Standing Room Only. Clever post mastering cant re-blend tracks.

I have seen him drop Back to your Roots which is 180bpm so you'd have to move the pitcher slider towards 0 to get in time, did he? No.

Meh this arguement will go on forever, especially with the amount of ignorant wankers who just sheep along saying, "OMG blasphemy thread!" etc etc so just lock it and be done with it.

But i must add, his track selections are the fucking don, the way he builds sets and keeps the energy pumping is what makes me love to see him! Thats all that matters really.. That being the case, all the cats saying "Why does this matter, its trivial?" best start using that view towards people who use CDJs.. because its the exact same argument is it not?

Last edited:
61948121.jpg

A lot of tunes have the same BPM, dancefloor is almost all 174-175

so your argument is invalid

The word 'Dancefloor' is invalid.....all Drum & Bass is for the DANCEFLOOR, it's made to make people move!!

Apologies for the mini rant, just hate these shit names for what i think is a non-exsistant genre.

15 years dj experience, in depth knowledge of all tunes and clear evidence of using the pitch to beatmatch. or its all a myth. the evidence points to one thing.... andy c isnt even real, hes a figment of all our imaginations. a collective trip, from the acid that Dr GQ (PhD) slipped into our drinking water to further his career. Duh. you lot think you know about DnB but you dont know shit.. fucking spazwankers

Is there still an arguement or are people bothered if he uses pre-pitched vinyl?

Ive seen various videos of him djin and the pitch is always the same on all 3 decks (+7) and he very rarely touches the pitch. I've seen him wack a vinyl on the deck, set it off n mix it without even takin notice of that deck.

Does using pre-pitched vinyl still make him a good dj??? I'd say hes still a good mixer but i reckon if all my vinyl was pre-pitched i'd be just as good as him. I've seen many bedroom djs on 3 decks, beatmatching n mixing as good as him. I mean, i'm pretty sure friction beatmatches coz u can just tell on some of his mixes as theyre starting to go out of time slightly.

ps: He still aint on any new packs..... tight ass

Playing in a bedroom is completely different to playing in a club. you have to put up with a system that is loud as hell, the sound reflections which often make tracks sound out of time even if itss only one track playing! most of the time the decks aren maintained.
Ive seen Dj's who have recorded some really good mixes at home but havent been up to their usual standard when mixing at a venue.

Have you actually seen him play?
He uses the pitch all the time, he has his hand on it when he is looking for other tunes!
Most of the tracks he plays happen to be a similar speed.
It doesnt mean they are pre pitched.
Andy C and Friction both have similar mixing styles.
The often cue track about 8 bars before a drop which requires talent.

Ive heard Andy's mixes go out a few times but thats because he has 3 tunes playing a once. Even if it has gone out it isnt tht much.

So you sir are a moron

Andy C is still tha man! He used to open with killer tunes like "Screamer. He does play quite a bit of cheese from the sets I've heard recently. I'm not a fan of the vocals in that opening song. I liked his selection a lot better pre 2006ish, same with Fricion. Anyways, he is still one of the best DJs in any genre.

Why does everyone have this argument every other week, so what if andy c uses pre-pitched or uses troll magic in his mixes.

You know he's been on this shit since like 1988' or something. And he made 'valley of the shadows' when he was 15!!!

I'll still pay to drink his cum

i reckon he could do a 3 deck mix with his arse cheeks a hell of a lot better than half the people who have criticised him.... at the end of the day ATLEAST he isnt Goldie... (no criticism intended on Goldie love him to bits hes a helllll of a character!)

how can you say such a thing andy c is the best dj ever he is the king of dnb if it wasnt for him dnb would be nothing

Andy C is the best ever. I prefer his selection prior to 2005 or so versus what he plays today though. He also plays a little more aggressive in the states compared to the big raves in the U.K. I saw him play a 3 deck mix in Los Angeles a few years ago and he left out all of the cheese. He killed it.

Back
Top Bottom