needs moar ectoplasm
needs moar ectoplasm
he uses normal vinyl most of the time... the same vinyl that is available to everyone else! and beatmatching really isn't that hard once you've been doing it for anywhere near as long as he has
he almost always does a fairly hard to do mix as his intro. even if he got all his vinyl prepitched he would still have to beatmatch his first tunes and no 2 decks are exact so just putting them to +7 or whatever it is won't get them matched
in some of his sets when he plays on bad set ups, some of the time the tunes aren't exactly in time but he uses the filters to cover it up so that no-one would ever notice
and his tunes don't have reduced intros, he just finds cue points nearer to the drop
Video of me doing a 3 deck mix- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIo4kLbpL44
Deep, Dark & Dangerous (3 Decks, 2.5 Hours)
Even If I knew two tunes I had were exactly in pitch I'd probably still end up wiggling the pitch a bit because you get used to doing it so much. Im sure Andy Is the same and no he doesn't use pre pitched vinyl!
Last edited by Structure4; 12-05-2011 at 17:12.
Some of his vinyls have shorter intro's, I remembering someone saying his disco dodo was specially pressed for him.
Just for the record.. I ain't hating on Andy one bit I'm mearly taking the piss!
1. maybe some of them are pre-pitched, but if you were getting every tune pressed because they're all dubs, why not?
2. he does beat match a lot of the time and you rarely ever hear anything go out.
3. it's not just the pace of his mixing but the tune selection and key blending.
4. countless other DJ's praise him for his skills on the wheels (can't remember which, but there's vids of Ed Rush & Optical and some others stating he's the untouchable)
5. he's been DJing since about 15 and apparently mixes over 6 hours a day, that's a lot of practice
6. he has access to any tune he wants and with his knowledge and wisdom of dnb can drop some really unexpected tunes (even if you don't rate some of his sets you can't deny he switches styles up)
7. often mixes incredibly fast, which even with beat matching isn't necassarily easy as you still need to know all the tunes
8. Finders Keepers
so yeah i think he's just average but just presses his way to victory
But trust me, i've watched that guy DJ close up more than anyone and am 110% sure that his tunes arent pitched the same or whatever
Does the average clubber really give a fuck about this?
It's only the sad internet nerd generation that truly care about something so trivial
I still want his hat
v v v v v Bassline/4x4/Garage/Wobblez Mix v v v v v
Insulting the forum's beloved Andy C is like giving a muslim a drawing of Allah.
he may have some of the older tunes pitched up, but then if your mixing at + 7 anyway theres no way you can mix in nightflight or something of that ilk in a 1% margin.
i'm certain if he mixed down at +2% he wouldn't need to cut it pitched up or whatever as he'd physically be able to mix it.
i don't actually know it just could be the case
you sir, are a retard.