First DnB tune

underspawn

VIP Junglist
Sup guys,

Im pretty new to music production(total noob tt) and to the forum(been only reader so far). So, long story in short - I've been messing around in fl studio for 1-2 months and this is the closest i got to a finished track.

Please check it out, I'd love to hear some feedback. Btw 1st post =P

Last edited:
From the beginning I started to cringe a bit because the notes/chords are wrong/off key. If you have trouble by ear, look up proper minor/major scales. There are random blips (the sesame street combo to the cellphone noise mainly) that randomly appear in the song, no rhyme, reason.....just thrown on there. Vocals are same way. The piano sounds fine...but partially because its a very nice instrument. It could be the main melody in your song but instead you have in repeating the same chords up and down for most of it.

My advice:
Don't give up, you actually made a song so the 2nd one should come easier.
Listen to more music. It doesn't have to be dnb (trance, house, idm, all jungle) and try and pick out specific sounds, parts, notes, effects, stylistic choices, arrangement, drops. Isolate them with your ears/mind and figure out what they are doing.'

good luck!

Thanks for the comment. Now that u've mentioned it those random blips rly are annoying. And i'll make sure i get the proper scales.

"Im pretty new to music production(total noob tt)"

After reading that: good shit sir!

there's a lot of stuff off key, but still: good shit!, keep up the good work!

yeah, the bits off key are a little odd. drums and vocals came in pretty good, the intro sounds nice. the bass sounds both overwhelming and not big enough at the same time, but that just comes with practice. definitely was surprised to hear this after seeing it was your first track. that big riser sounds nice, and i like the little trick of reversing it on the release. absolutely keep at it, you could make big tracks one day!

Thanks mate, I know exactly wat u mean about the bass but im not rly sure how to fix it. Some better eqing and mixing i guess.

quite good to say your starting out. that 2nd drop at 2min was pretty cool. but like people already have said jus ttry to keep it in key

Back
Top Bottom