Disturda Drum & Bass Edit/Remix

Kaz1983

OK I know it ain't a smash hit or any good compared to some of the high standards you guys set but it is fairly clear sounding although the volume levels could change abit here and there so it sounds smoother but apart the basis mixdown techniques and effects -that I've used and added.... I'm kinda hit a brick wall.

I've been only making tunes for about 1 year..... here it is;

http://soundcloud.com/navy-blue/disdurba-drum-bass-remix

ohh and by the way I usually dislike remixes that's why I've changed it up heaps............

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

OK not sure if this will get any replies but so far I've been told--

Sub needs work - personally I realise that I just threw it in there without much thought.
Shuffling Hats are out of time - didn't realise this.
Snare is abit too hard hitting for the intro - I usually make jump up.
Drums need work - I have multiple samples am just not processing the correctly.

I remember Chase and Status in thier masterclass saying that you need you kick to work nicely with the sub and not sound/feel flabby if you like --- it seems my sub is the latter.

Last edited:
Drums sounding really weird man, and it sounds like the whole track has a lowcut filter on it, wheres the high frequiences?
Whole tracks mixdown sounding really weird man..

Drums sounding really weird man, and it sounds like the whole track has a lowcut filter on it, wheres the high frequiences?
Whole tracks mixdown sounding really weird man..

I agree it doesn't like I want it, the sounds or should I say samples are there... it's just my mixdown isn't right, it's weird as you say.... like I said before it's a work in procress annd as much as I want to get it done asap, I gonna take my time - I feel I got a fe good ideas and sounds going even tho the mixdown is pretty crap atm - whicch it is...

:D

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

yep mixdown is poor............ I'm going work on getting mydrums nice and tight, get the sub and kick acting as one and work on my frequencies - I've been pointed out I'n lacking in the mid range and the top end by you..

Kaz

Back
Top Bottom