Shogun Audio Evolution EP Series Two (forthcoming Shogun Audio)

Fallen.GeMiNi

3rd rate banger merchant
VIP Junglist
Ok, on the brand new Shogun Audio Podcast Friction plays another tune from the EP and confirms it to be released later this year (probably May/June). The track played is massive tune by The Prototypes.

Tracklist:

1. Friction & K-Tee - Set It Off (Icicle Remix)

2. Rockwell - BITKRUSH

3. The Prototypes - Subterrestrial

4. S.P.Y - Pressure Drop

Gonna be massive!
Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have never thought much of that Icicle rmx of Set It Off. But that Rockwell tune is indeed fucking biggles!!!!!!! Had not heard it yet. And yeah the standard was set really high with the first one. Gonna be a great album series from a great label nonetheless.

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

I take back what I said about the Icicle rmx. Just listened to it on some decent cans. Every other time it was on shitty ear buds.

I still can't believe The Prototypes are signed to Shogun. It's a bit like if Hospital had signed Audio in that their sound does not fit with the majority of the labels output

I hope Shogun aren't going to do a Hospital on us

I still can't believe The Prototypes are signed to Shogun. It's a bit like if Hospital had signed Audio in that their sound does not fit with the majority of the labels output

I hope Shogun aren't going to do a Hospital on us

This.. but maybe the prototypes have something on the backburner that we dont know about as yet..

yes with the icicle remix and yes with the rockwell tune.. spy and the prototypes will have to be big!! rockwell has sold this to me tho.

Guys have you heard that Subterrestrial tune on the podcast? I wouldn't ever have guessed it's their tune, if Friction wouldn't say it. It's not The Prototypes sound...it's Shogun Audio sound...

Fuck me, haven't heard anything I like by the Prototypes, most of it's just generic jump up, but that Subterrestrial is huge. Sounds like something Phace would do. Very impressed. Let's hope their Shogun output is all stuff like this.

Honestly, I didn't think the first Evolution EP was the totem of perfection that everyone else is making it out to be. Mnml Funk is an incredible tune, and Strange Science is very good (even if it did get rinsed to fuck), but personally I thought Bygones was a pretty dull track as far as Spectrasoul's production history is concerned, same with the Overtime remix. At best, I would call it a decent deep liquid tune. At worst I would just call it boring.

This EP on the other hand is 3/4 for me (although, truth be told that Icicle remix is getting a little stale now), with the 4th tune still to be announced. BTKRSH is HUGE, probably Rockwell's best tune to date except for No! with Phace, and as stated above, that Prototypes one is fiyah as well. And knowing Friction's almost flawless release record, he wouldn't release any old S.P.Y tune on Shogun.

No sir, I think this EP is shaping up to be better than the original.

not feeling this at all, i love the label and the last evolutions...

but BTKRSH is rockwells first swag tune.
Set it off remix is good but been rinsed to absolute death
and i reckon the new protoypes bit is average, not on the same level as phace whoever said that... more like theyve been asked to make a tune that sounds like phace.

Hope SPY delivers or i aint baggin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom