Important vst's?

camper182

VANAR
What are some of the most imporant or basic vst's for starting to produce? i already use massive and izotope mastering vst but thats about it. suggestions?

if you have just started i would recomend using the ones you already have.
no point in splashing out on new ones if your learning. master the ones you have got first!

no point in splashing out on new ones if your learning. master the ones you have got first!

This...

Almost all VSTi's work in the same way. Master what you have, then once you understand how soft synth's work, you can move onto others. I'd suggest anything by Rob Papen (Albino3 / Predator / blue)

but i dont know where to look or wich ones are good :(

kvr and lots of other sites on the net with lots of free vsts and reviews on them - and you could always download demos of the pricey ones etc - just test lots of them and see what suits you best/whats needed in your productions.

hmm. quite right in some kinda way, but on the other hand: if theyre shit there isnt any use in mastering them..

A lot of people go for Massive, z3ta+, Sylenth. Great quality, flexible synths. Stay away from the likes of Nexus because they won't teach you anything, they just supply good quality sounds....

Read up on some articles on synthesis and read bits of the manual for whichever synth you really want to learn. It'll teach you much more than fiddling about will, and if you have a good knowledge of it, you can do anything with it!

I like using filter plugins like fabfilter volcano 2 and have recently installed the vengeance philta that came with my CM dvd and it's fun to mess around with. check out camelphat aswell, quite a few people use this one and like others have said it really does help to read up on the basics of synthesis and stuff first :)

Usually i use IXL Spectral analyzer, Waves Req6, Psp Vintage Warmer and Breverb in my projects as a habit =]
But i agree that you should get to grips with whats at hand ;)

A list of good stuff anyone doing dnb should have:

analyzer
sub harmonic osc
granular synth
NI Komplete 5+ (I know it's weird to recommend a brand in a list like this, but tbh, for me it's essential, full stop)

The 3 first ones have open source (free) vst's

Back
Top Bottom