Looking for some simple bassline patterns on a piano roll please...

mr meh

VIP Junglist
Trying to write a bassline but its difficult as i dont understand music theory, i dont know which notes to play, which octaves to use, whether i should be using full notes, half notes.....etc

Can anyone point me in the direction of some simple patterns on a piano roll which i could get some ideas from?

cheers

konkreteshoesbass.png

=

ISH :) obviously theres some LFO modulation etc on the synth/bass he uses to make it sound exactly like that, but u get the idea

Edit: its at 175 too, don't be lied to by chemical.

Last edited by a moderator:
just play around bro... i'm shit at musical theory, i just go by ear (y)

This man, use your ears. if it sounds right, then it probably is. if you stick to rules then your more likely to just come up with something thats already been used a million times :)

konkreteshoesbass.png

=

ISH :) obviously theres some LFO modulation etc on the synth/bass he uses to make it sound exactly like that, but u get the idea

Edit: its at 175 too, don't be lied to by chemical.

Cheers for this mate, nice one!

Although i cant tell from that screenshot, but is that melody across 1 or 4 bars?

And do most producers also write their bass in the 1st and 2nd octave, like in your screenshot?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for this mate, nice one!

Although i cant tell from that screenshot, but is that melody across 1 or 4 bars?

And do most producers also write their bass in the 2nd octave, like in your screenshot?

cheers

2 bars, standard pretty much

and depends really on how the synth is put together (octave)

thats 4 bars that richie, the big thick white lines r the bars, sorry for not including them.
(first 2 notes in the first bar, 3 notes in the second bar, long note in the 3rd bar, the 3 trail notes (optional) in the fourth)

Back
Top Bottom