This is not an 'I hate jump up thread' This is an M&S thread...

djmotiondnb

AKA Tactician
VIP Junglist
But the 'big' jump up producers are actually frustrating with the shit that they put out at the minute..

For example.. Taxmans new release.. was excited to hear something new from him.. but I was dissapointed.I'm sure he wouldnt give a fuck about my opinion but whatever.

Was really feeling Distorted reality.. hard hitting tune.. and then theres some shitty video game noises thrown in which pissed me off haha..

Big producers need to take note from the up and comers like Cue, Harvest, Prestige, Hoogs.. It's where its at! They're the only artists i've really bought 'jump up' from in a long while

Rant over.

Re: This is not an 'I hate jump up thread'

This beats everything

Last edited by a moderator:

Just, sorry but is it me or is jump-up slowly dying? don't hear much about it anymore, also it seems like there are way less release than some times ago?

Whats with all the jump up hate?

can-of-worms.jpg

But the 'big' jump up producers are actually frustrating with the shit that they put out at the minute..

For example.. Taxmans new release.. was excited to hear something new from him.. but I was dissapointed.I'm sure he wouldnt give a fuck about my opinion but whatever.

Was really feeling Distorted reality.. hard hitting tune.. and then theres some shitty video game noises thrown in which pissed me off haha..

Big producers need to take note from the up and comers like Cue, Harvest, Prestige, Hoogs.. It's where its at! They're the only artists i've really bought 'jump up' from in a long while

Rant over.

seconded (y)

aren't most jump up producers selling out and making Dubstep now....or (even though it pains me to even utter the hogwash of a genre name) Drumstep. *washes self with a shit load of dettol*

This beats everything

noisia - friendly intentions beats everything jump up could ever come up with!

but tbh, i didnt bought any jump up in years, apart from the nighlife ep1 - not because i dont like jump up, but because most of it just isnt listenable any more - and im not patient enough to sift through 100+ releases every week to get that one tune thats good..

im not patient enough to sift through 100+ releases every week to get that one tune thats good..
exactly this.

jump up has been off my radar for a long time now... shame coz i used to like a lot of it.

1996 jump up was the best imo

meh, once i went jumpup... i couldnt go back

obv there are tunes from other genres i do like, but most just dont hack it anymore :(

producers curse i swear

noisia - friendly intentions beats everything jump up could ever come up with!

apart from the nighlife ep1 .

not to call you out but these 2 examples are not jump up, nor do they even sound like jump up

Rant over.

Was disappointed with the new taxman things as well honestly.

there are some big tunes doing the rounds at the moment. i like that the rolling style of jump-up is coming back, and the stuff that is screechy is not grating and is catchy IE OS/maniak - cool kidz and majistrate - rise. was really disappointed in konkrete shoes / distorted reality. taxman is extremely talented, but konkrete shoes is just incredibly boring, and just not a good tune IMO.

at work so can't post up YT links, but current favorites:

fineprint / tornado - bad break ;) talking to a couple labels ATM so hopefully will come out. exciting.
harvest - miltant
hoogs - mescaline
jayline / fineprint - tooled up
jayline / ruffstuff - radium rays
serum - souped up (heist rmx)
tyke - the giggler

callide IS jump up from 2007, a good vintage imo

Back
Top Bottom