helsta - nameless [demo]

H-Star

Hi,

Finished working on a demo(well, I haven't finished, but since I can't load the project anymore, lets say it's done)...

Want to receive some criticism, advice and/or feedback... If you have something to say, please do so, even if the words aren't pleasant. I came here to get help and expand my sound and you're feedback is very important for me.

There is no mastering, just a waves maximizer on the master. The arrangement is also very simple, please, don't evaluate it, because my goal was to get a good mix, some groove and good drum patters. These are the things that I put most work into.

My goal was also to get a good Neurofunk sounding, but I think I failed at that, the track didn't want to listen to my thoughts, it just evolved itself...

Soft used:
- FL
- reFx Nexus
- Waves plugins
- TAL plugins

Packs used:
- VEC, VEH

<here's the link if I embedded it wrong>
http://soundcloud.com/helsta/nameless

Cheers

I also forgot to mention that I have not heard it on nothing else but my earphones from SE W880i... I haven't got any access to speakers or monitors, so this is just my bedroom production on an old Acer Laptop...
It'd be cool if you could also mention how does it sound on a normal system... Thanks

Really like the drums, nice variety. that pluck melody is nice too.

Can't comment on mixdown as i'm listening in crappy earphones, but it sounds good!

aye, cheers, for the feedback... there is nothing sampled there, all made from scratch, particularly because I have not mastered the sampling technique yet :)

upping this(dunno if that's allowed)... want to hear more feedback... 1 person told me, that the snare sux, as if its from an oldschool dnb track... Dunno, I like the modern short punchy snares, but doubt that one would fit here...
Anyways, please comment, I really need to know how this sounds on a normal system, without this knowledge I can't progress :)
cheers

When the hats kick in after the drop bring em up make up splash . kinda like jummp up. Some pads in the Intro? low cut your bass drum asweel so it dont interfere with the bass. other than that just make it longer :) good work, keep it up.

boo131, aye, cheers... that's why i come here, to find out the problems... I'll certainly try to mix things better, but the kick-bass conflict isn't audible in my headphone ;] I will probably have to depend on visual eqs to solve this

Back
Top Bottom