You Make You Feel (Overused Remix)

Nice tribal sounding intro. Not sure about the vocal...

Oh dude, mixdown is way off from what I can hear. Yeah Bloodstain is right, your bass is killing your drums completely. Everything is sounding muddy and all caught up in the mid range.

Got good ideas there though. Try and sort the mixdown out and it will be Tumpin!

Hmm, I hear this alot, do you got any tips how to make my mixdown better?
I've been EQing the fuck out it this remix but for some reason it doesn't really
pay off

Compressing,
Compress your subbass to -10 to -8db, synths at around -6db, drums at -4 to 0 db, that's how i'm doing my Mixdown lately.
If you work in fl, Put a db meter in your mixer channel and while compressing, look at how much db your synths/drums are at,
that way you're getting a clear view on how to have a fairly good, mixdown.
Don't know if other DAW's have db meters.
anyway, i hope this helped you a bit.

Hmm....I too use FL but I dont compress everything. I generally throw a parametric EQ on my kicks that cuts off anything below say 50hz, slightly boosting at around 120hz. Snares I'll usually layer two, on seperate channels, one boosting at around the 250-350hz range, cutting anything from around 100hz. The other I'll boost slightly higher up the frequency range, around 600-700hz. So you have two snares, one with a bit of low end punch, and the other with a little hi end snap.

With my hats I'll completely roll off anything under 600hz, and depending on the sample I'll maybe give it a subtle boost around the 1khz mark.

After doing that, I'll mon my kicks, mono my snares slightly (to around the 3o'clock mark on the dial) then my hats will be widened ever so slightly (Maybe about 11o'clock on the dial).

After doing all that, I'll route all the channels to a seperate mixer channel (a drum bus) Where I'll throw some light compression on there to help them gel together.

Bass, again will be mono'd, and usually sidechained to my kicks. EQ really depends on what sort of bass it is. If its a sub, I'll generally leave it alone. if its a wobble, raspy bass, I may cut a little off the low end and layer a sub underneath, boosting the raspy bass slightly in the mid range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom