Mr legal rights to my producer/dj name...

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
Ez peeps, I've recieved a message from some idiot called "!!FREEK!!" on soundcloud saying, "Change your name please, i already have some song signed." naturally i rubbed my 2 releases and 10 forthcomings in his face and told him to jog on.

I was wondering now that i do have releases under my belt is there anything stopping anyone else from releasing material under the same name as me?

It is wierd french techno crap so i see no real problem but obviously would prefer that my dj/producer name not be slandered with such horrible excuse for music.

Anyone know the legal aspects of it?

tell him to fuck off...dont change ya name cos some power crazy wanker told ya to, plus he makes handbag house...maybe if u were poppin the same genre then yes, but even if ya were surely the best man should win...i wouldnt worry bout gettin legal n stuff, if he did make it big and so did u you wouldnt clash anyway,

tell him to get a diary and tell some one who cares.

yea thats what i figured, if it aint the same genre then it dont matter. plus i got there first with the releases so he aint got a leg to stand on if he does try anything i guess.

There is always a million people with the same name as you

Just make sure you're the best one and make sure the people know it's you when they hear you

Poor-man's copyright. Write a statement saying "I (your name) declare the use of the musical artist name "Freek" and all it's affliates etc. Date, sign, print. Pop it in an envelope with a CD of your released works, attach a front page from today's newspaper (or the day which you post it off) then send it to your address via recorded delivery.

Poor-man's copyright. Write a statement saying "I (your name) declare the use of the musical artist name "Freek" and all it's affliates etc. Date, sign, print. Pop it in an envelope with a CD of your released works, attach a front page from today's newspaper (or the day which you post it off) then send it to your address via recorded delivery.

apparently that wont hold up in court what-so-ever... all of that could easily be faked!?

Yea ill probs do this just to cover myself. i do have contracts with my full name and then freek aswell so i guess that could be used for copyright purposes.

What via recorded-delivery? With the date stamp from the royal mail? Well, I know someone who has done this and it worked.

i know this used to be the correct method of poor mans copyright (back 2 back give it to someone like a lawyer/accountant/teacher too) but im not sure how watertight it is anymore?

French techno hahahaaa

Not only do you have NOTHING to worry about, he made himself look a right cunt

You should start some John B/Twisted Individual type beef with him

Make a shit (but good) French electro house tune, put make up on and go offline when he pops up on Soundcloud. Then wait a few months and start it again on Facebook

If that fails, take a train to Calais and poo on the station platform and leave a little flag with the Blue Cheese Records logo in it and a free copy of Casualty Case

You've got nothing to worry about.

I do my non-dnb projects under my name 'Alexi Jordan' then that bland, squeaky american popstar who was bred in disney warehouse somewhere came along called 'Alexis Jordan'

And now I get people adding me on facebook thinking I'm her, which from my pic, am quite clearly not.

Back
Top Bottom