Can anyone help me with some ideas for mix

D0M420

doing my 1st live set massive d&b fan for years so i got 30 mins Im a Liquidyfunkyheavydarkjump-upy guy (if there such a genre lol) so far just tryner digg out all the old schoolies if there any u can think of that go with with this list so far big help no order yet just seeing what goes well with what atm.

Netsky - hold on Cyantific remix
Tc - borrowed time
Tantrum desire - ready to go
"""""""" - Smile
spor - aztec
Nu:TONE - balaclava
Alex reece - Pulp fiction
dillinja - twist em out
Sensai & Heist - Stamp Em Out
Rusko - hold on Subfocus remix
Back to your Roots (Friction rmx) - Mr. L Jonny
commix - be true
Brookes Brothers - Tear You Down
Chase & status - believe
Chase and Status - Take Me Away
Cyantific - Empty Streets
Logistics - The trip
Netsky - Starlight

well it's always about how you can play it out. heavy tracklisting is fine and welcome, but good dj should play not only the stuff he loves (that's obvious), but he should also be able to make it sound enjoyable even for those, who don't share the same taste or don't know his tunes at all. not to mention it's much better to actually pull out some non-hype tunes in a way that nobody expects, because you can literally make any track sound awesome, if you mix it right and tear the dancefloor apart with anything what comes on your mind. i'm sure you can figure it out for yourself if you're patient and practice. good luck mate ;)

So youve got 30mins eh? Thats really not a lot of time to get any sort of vibe going if youre the only dnb dj on that night. Also, what time are you playing?

You might not wanna drop a massive set if youre on at 10.

Also, since its your first set, make sure you get there early for soundcheck, dont drop anything below 256VBR if youre playing MP3's, and stay out of the red on that mixer.
gl ;)

why do people always seem to have an aversion to playing heavy early on in the night
obviously if the promoter asked you not or it's not the right kind of night then don't but if i'm going out to a night i'd rather people played big right from the start rather than pussyfooting about, there isn't a dj rulebook that states because it's before midnight you can't play heavy tunes

to answer the original question, i would chuck some new tunes in there unless you're just playing older stuff, in which case moar jungle!!!

depends where youre playing and what night is is too? DnB night? Commercial and youre the only DnB DJ booked?

Try and get some newer tunes too. Sounds like the sigma remix of Eric Prydz - Niton might be up your street.

basically it not a job or anything major its just having fun hopefully people listening do aswell just a club in my town but my mates from blackpool is bringing a massive system to play on as im just your box stanard bedroom DJ I just want ideas from other DJ's I know iv only got 30 mins but I want to the mix to take them on a journey starting off mellow and slowly getting heavier what i should of said is there any order from other people view how they would like these tracks mixed I surpose. thank you to everyone who wished me good luck :)

Just get up there and have a good time. If your loving it then the crowd should love it. Just play what you feel is right for the general mood in the club and dont worry about whether the 'heads' will like it or not.

Biggups and enjoy yourself.

dunno where you'd drop it into those tracks ..but you could try High contrast - Racing green?

came on pretty early on a night out once, got everyone onto the dancefloor ..

Back
Top Bottom