really cool/ really douchey dj tricks. stuff you like? stuff you hate?

kidbeta

i thought to post something like this to see what other people, particularly the dnb crowd, enjoy/don't enjoy. i have a few friends who spin dubstep and so many of them can't spin without serato and few of them could stand next to some of the people i've met spinning drum n' bass around here. or maybe i've just been tweaked about something i read from some asshole talking about how great serato is and that people who use cdj's, even without scratch, are pussies. that just pissed me off.

anyway- my submission per the title of the thread...

i hear a lot of dj's bragging about how they can beatmatch and transition tracks in about or under a minute. it's wild to hear somebody rip through a bunch of stuff in a short time without slamming between too many tracks but it doesn't seem to say much for you matching/mixing skills. anybody can match two tempos for 8 bars. it just seems showy, masturbatory.

anyway. thoughts?

I know all my BPM's therefore I can beatmatch really quickly. My flatmates call me 'God'. True story.

i thought to post something like this to see what other people, particularly the dnb crowd, enjoy/don't enjoy. i have a few friends who spin dubstep and so many of them can't spin without serato and few of them could stand next to some of the people i've met spinning drum n' bass around here. or maybe i've just been tweaked about something i read from some asshole talking about how great serato is and that people who use cdj's, even without scratch, are pussies. that just pissed me off.

anyway- my submission per the title of the thread...

i hear a lot of dj's bragging about how they can beatmatch and transition tracks in about or under a minute. it's wild to hear somebody rip through a bunch of stuff in a short time without slamming between too many tracks but it doesn't seem to say much for you matching/mixing skills. anybody can match two tempos for 8 bars. it just seems showy, masturbatory.

anyway. thoughts?

what's the moral of the story? i didn't really get your point

what's the moral of the story? i didn't really get your point

there's not a really a "moral of the story", the point is asking what sort of "tricks" do some dj's do that get you excited about watching them spin versus, well, not. it's not necessarily supposed to be a shit-talking thread, though i will admit that i posted it in some kind of response to what some of the assholes i know get away with. it's as much a way to say "it's annoying when some people do (this) but i really dig when other people do (this). that's all.

Back
Top Bottom