Finding ur own tracks on your own tracks on youtube!

hehe nice one. and yeh, ripping from soundcloud is easy as fuck.

our free ep was rinsed on youtube aswell, think theres like 3-5 versions of every tune online now and there was even russian sites that wanted to sell them as ringtones. lol.

thats not cool id be pretty pissed off if i was u mate

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

none of mine up besides extent thank fuck

Yeah groelle mate, I'd be pretty pissed with that, cant you claim copyright on them and slap them with copyright infringement?

haha. if someone is dumb enough to buy music he could have for free, big ups to the one frauding them, lol.

and 2 of the tracks were bootlegs anyways, so theres not much we own on that tunes anyways - we took it as free promotion aswell ;)

fair enough lol.

And to the other guys, I didnt mean about someone uploading your tracks to youtube, I was more on about some dodgy russian company trying to palm them off as ringtones......surely you could get something outta them for that lol!

People are so quick to sue :/ what the fuck.

Just make sure you never upload in 320kbps, then if someone really wants your track, and would have paid for it anyway, they'll buy it.

a few of my tracks have appeared on youtube without consent, but i dont really care atm tbh, if its a track im gonna release, thats a different story.
thers even 1 video of some guy tutting to my track! i didnt even know what that was until i looked it up after lol strange, but ill take is as a compliment :P

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to do is never to upload complete tunes anywhere if you don't like people ripping them. Only clips.

I guess if you're looking for feedback it's kind of a given to UL complete tracks.

After release it's likely they will end up somewhere to stream anyway, so just keep it locked until that.

I found a complete version of my track 'Bahamut' a while back from youtube after release. I was glad that someone liked the track enough that he had bought it at all, not to mention he liked it enough to upload it to youtube. I just contacted him via YT and politely asked him to take it down or swap it to a clip. All was well. I even recommended him to come to dnbforum.com becuase he was planning on starting production himself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom