Greatest DJ of All Time (Apparently..)

these are voted for by idiots... therefore you are an idiot if you subscribe to this! people have shit memories, they will only vote for someone or something that is current... someone like GMflash, who practicly invented turntabalism is clearly greater than either two!

Innit....

Same with Kool Herc. By looping breakdown from Disco/Soul/Funk tunes and mixing breakdwons together, the guy bascially invented Hip Hop.

we all know trance is bigger than dnb. everyone knows that trance djs dont do a lot, but Tiesto is massive in the trance scene and will no doubt keep winning. Its like deadmau5, always sells out his shows but we all know he presses play on ableton live.

these are voted for by idiots... therefore you are an idiot if you subscribe to this! people have shit memories, they will only vote for someone or something that is current... someone like GMflash, who practicly invented turntabalism is clearly greater than either two!

Good call man.

Any award like this should never be taken seriously, people get so worked up about it year after year.

sven vath is a better dj than tiesto by miles... glad to see andy in their as the percentage of ppl voting who like dnb must be minimal compared to the genres

And because you don´t like it, the people are morons. Its getting boring really.

Shut up.

These polls aren't based on pure talent and ability like they should be. They are just a popularity contest and the music he plays while popular, to me, is shit music and is voted for by idiots

To be fair alot of the old school hip-hop dj's like Grand MasterFlash or Kool Herc were shit by any standard...

In terms of pure turntablism and the fact that he's seen the music through from when it was house tunes played at the wrong speed Hype should have been hardcore/jungle/dnb's number one choice. Unfortunately they asked children and got a different answer...

How can someone that basically invented Hip Hop be a shit DJ?

What he was doing live, turned into a hugely popular and succesful genre, which in turn inspired and changed many others.

To be fair alot of the old school hip-hop dj's like Grand MasterFlash or Kool Herc were shit by any standard...

In terms of pure turntablism and the fact that he's seen the music through from when it was house tunes played at the wrong speed Hype should have been hardcore/jungle/dnb's number one choice. Unfortunately they asked children and got a different answer...

shit by todays standards maybe... but switch roles the other way, put tiesto in flashs boots, you really think he would have the ideas that definaed a whole new era of music? fuck no!

How can someone that basically invented Hip Hop be a shit DJ?

What he was doing live, turned into a hugely popular and succesful genre, which in turn inspired and changed many others.

I like to think of hip-hop pioneers like that as a bit like those Victorian mountaineers who climbed mountains in tweed and hob-nailed boots...astonishing feet but clearly outclassed by what came later.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

And I greatly admire what they did before I get shot down in flames!

Well I like to think of them like Alexander Graham Bell.

Invented the telephone. Yes, these days we have mobiles and what not, but we wouldn't be at this stage we are now without him.

Hell, we may never even have had a telephone...

Back
Top Bottom