Where can I get drum hits?

DJVendetta

Hi,
I'm wondering where I can get drum hits to create my own breaks, I only have a couple of sample packs with breaks in them, not the actual hits.
Thanks

They're sample packs though aren't they, and they don't contain drum hits, just the loops...

Mate most sample packs ie the ones listed above all contain a collection of loops, hits, samples and fx. Tbh i swear by the BHK essentials packs. nothing but 100s of kicks, snares, hats, shuffles etc. Also if you use bittorrent and search "ArtyTorrent One Shot" it also has random collections of one shot snares, kicks etc. Im not sure if the artytorrent one shots are actual illegal copies of real sample packs. i think they are just a random person who has made a collection of different one shots. If im wrong then mods let me know and ill delete it from my post.

Yeah like what others have said, almost all sample packs will contain loops, and one shot hits.

I use alot of the vengeance packs, and the danny byrd sample pack, all of which have one shot samples in them, as well as loops

If you are really serious with drum hits and matching them to the key of the song, I strongly recommend you: www.drumhits.biz. It contains 18.500 f***in samples I don't really need something else.

You could of course also slice the loops into 1 shots if needed.

I just want to say, why make it the hard way if there is in fact an easier way around it?

If you have a good sounding loop why wouldn't you want to use it?

You could of course also slice the loops into 1 shots if needed.

I just want to say, why make it the hard way if there is in fact an easier way around it?

If you have a good sounding loop why wouldn't you want to use it?

I dont know about anyone else, but break loops from sample packs never sound very good to me.

I use lots of loops, I think it all comes down to how you use them.
I automate a lot of EQ shit to make the loops a lickle more dynamic over longer time.
You can make a nice phrase with the hats lifting and dropping the high end, you can pick out congas [if they're in the loop at all that is, often when they are, they're not really audible...] somewhere in the midrange, get different snare sounds by giving certain frequencies a little boost at just the right time.

Or just high pass the loop over a beat you've programmed for ghost snares and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom