DJ NoZ - Enter Competition Mix

DJ_NoZ

Rum & Ass
VIP Junglist
Little mix I've done for a local competition. Feedback appreciated!

Break - Dont look down
>>>Cannonball - Noisia
Camo & krooked - Stand Up
Metrik - T-1000
Sub Focus - Swamp Thing
Logistics, Sigma - Dreams to Reality
Delta Heavy - Space Time
Loadstar - Link 2 The Past
Camo & Krooked - Can't Get Enough
Alix Perez - Behind Time
Ram Trilogy - Asylum
Rollz - Plugged In
Blokhead - The Way Life Used To Be
30mins 320kbps

http://soundcloud.com/nosewa/enter-competition-mix

http://dnbshare.com/download/EnterCompetitionMix.mp3.html

Big up to Charlie for the first mix, too big to leave out! :teeth:

Last edited:
Any takers? I didn't get through to the final so I'd like to know where you think I'm going wrong! :)

Will have a ganders chap!

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Pretty tight mate, most tracks go well together - Just needs some careful EQin now, too much treble clashing in places. Think if you try and look at the EQin closer it'll sound sick! Also try and keep tunes coming in and out as unnoticeable as possible, makes for easy listening (y) Hope that helps a bit - Keep on it!

Yeah I'm still trying to work out the whole EQing thing properly, I know some of the mixes had a lot of mid & treble clashes like you said, I think Dreams to Reality and Space Time was one that I noticed was a bit hard on the ears. I do try to make the tunes come in smooth. Sometimes, especially when recording, I over-correct before bringing it in and it means I panic and bring it in a bit abruptly before it drops.

Thanks for listening man, appreciate the feedback! Look forward to seeing you playing in Bournemouth again soon!

Yeah I'm still trying to work out the whole EQing thing properly, I know some of the mixes had a lot of mid & treble clashes like you said, I think Dreams to Reality and Space Time was one that I noticed was a bit hard on the ears. I do try to make the tunes come in smooth. Sometimes, especially when recording, I over-correct before bringing it in and it means I panic and bring it in a bit abruptly before it drops.

Thanks for listening man, appreciate the feedback! Look forward to seeing you playing in Bournemouth again soon!

Mate i used to do that all the TIMMMEE! I know exactly what you mean, well annoying!! .. Its not bad in anyway tho i'm just critical as fuck and aint one of those "Phat mix mate" type of posters ;) Share the knowledge I say!

Mate i used to do that all the TIMMMEE! I know exactly what you mean, well annoying!! .. Its not bad in anyway tho i'm just critical as fuck and aint one of those "Phat mix mate" type of posters ;) Share the knowledge I say!

Yeah I'd rather you were critical about it, means I can actually learn from it! It's all very well someone saying they enjoyed it but at the end of the day, that isn't going to help me improve! You going to Enter vs Drumfunk in Bournemouth this Saturday? Can't say no to Camo & Krooked and the Perez!

looks alright man will give it a listen, bad times on not making the final man

Back
Top Bottom