ANYONE GOT A VCI-300 or TRAKTOR S4???

duttymonster

deep in the jungle
going to replace my 1210's etc with either a Vestax VCI 300 mk2 (w/ITCH)
or a Kontrol S4 (w/TRAKTOR pro)

i have active monitors which are channelled through a 300w active sub.

does anybody have an active sub/monitor set which they feed straight out of the back
of either of these midi controllers?

interested to know whether i will be able to ditch the amp, does it kick out enough volume?

appreciate any help, also your opinions as to which controller to go for and why.

(i don't mix that much but don't want to loose the ability and main point is downsizing set up
by getting rid of decks, mixer and (heavy as f**k) amp.

Cheers.

DM

Was gonna get an NS7 a while back, but decided to go for a VMS4. Fucking amazing. I love it to bits.

4 channel with soundcard and amp.
It has Midilog, (midi+analog), proper flexible piece of kit. You can use switches on the front panel to turn the channels between usb and analog.

Right now i have a vinyl TT plugged into channel 1, channels 2 and 3 are mapped to the VMS4 and 4 is unused (plan to get a cdj800 and stick it in on channel 4 at some point).

I havent got monitors at the moment, just use a 5.1 surround system in CD mode (so it works like a 2.1) plugged in via RCA (the vms4 allows xlr out too.)

Nice big platters on the vms4 too.

The vms4 does kick out really nice volume from the turntable if you have it plugged in to the mains (not running off 5v USB)

EDIT: runs pretty much out of the box with vdj, but can be mapped to traktor, Live, etc with mapping files from their website.

vms4-005.jpg

Further edit:
This what i got going on atm, works a treat

meeeor.jpg

Last edited:
it's a lot cheaper than an S4 too - will look into AM products.

thanks for advice

It is quite heavy, its built like a tank, but not too heavy, guess you gotta take into account how much space and weight your saving by having this instead of a tonne of other shit. lol.

Back
Top Bottom