Advice on selling vinyl...

duttymonster

deep in the jungle
i'm going to sell my collection of D&B vinyl and my 1210's/mixer etc and get a Numark VCI 300 with Serato Itch.

I sold some vinyl a few years ago on ebay with some joy, but it seems like a dead market now and i very rarely see any bids.

does anyone have any tips on places to sell them?

anyone had any experience with discogs?

vinylsearcher any good?

know any other websites that i might get some joy out of?

i've got about 600 from 2000-2006 and a lot of hospital, brazilian d&b, calibre etc - a load of picture discs and the full collection of signs of the zodiac/month series from Formation etc etc

obviously i'll whack a spreadsheet of the full list on here once i've put that together (yawn)

so basically any tips would be well appreciated.

DM

discogs is the place to sell these days id say about 80% of the 2nd hand buyers at least must use that site to buy tunes

ive been selling on there for a while now and it definatly is the best way to shift vinyl

word of warning though over the past few months the site has started to get alot of divs on who dont really get the whole idea of it - i have been selling for over 3 years on there with no problems but over the past few months i have had several problems with idiots with low feedback

so be wary dealing with peeps with lo feedback

have postage prices set in your seller information and stick to them - overseas buyers will always moan but if u do your overseas pricing by weight and use royal mails price finder u wont lose out

you wont get much for the tunes u got though as anything post 2000 just dont have a market as most of it was so over pressed

the stuff that sells for stupid money is 94 - 96 stuff at the min ive been selling tunes for 40 - 60 quid from that era quite regulary

Best way to sell vinyl is sells in 4's on ebay.
Get some similar stuff together, take some snaps of 4 at a time and list them as "4x hospital records 12" High Contrast blah blah blah". Get some good keywords in there.

Also make sure, in bold in the listing, tell them to contact you if they dont see anything they like, or they require a different combination.

Also, discogs is pretty much the first result if you type "<artist> - <track> 12"", so its always worth sticking them on there as well.

discogs is the place to sell these days id say about 80% of the 2nd hand buyers at least must use that site to buy tunes

Thanks Vapour, good advice. i will get them on there.

i appreciate that i won't get mega bucks for most of the vinyl, but anything more than the 30p each i would get by selling in bulk or the 99p i would get from ebay would be a bonus.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Best way to sell vinyl is sells in 4's on ebay.
Get some similar stuff together, take some snaps of 4 at a time and list them as "4x hospital records 12" High Contrast blah blah blah". Get some good keywords in there.

Thanks Dedbult. how much on average would you expect to get from a 4 pack? £10?

Back
Top Bottom