feedback asked of anybody who knows about mixdowns please!

Digitallabz UK

Here's a tune I've just done, I'm thinking something needs a tweak but can't work it out, if anybody has a good ear for music please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks in advance, James

Listening as I type... I see what you're saying. Everything comes across alright in the mix it just feels like something is a bit, ummm cloudy/muddy? I'm thinking the bass could come up a bit in clarity, its there but not very defined. Maybe re-evaluate the low mids on the bass and that might make the room for the bass to come through more. The vocal early in the track feels like it could be brought forward more but that sorts itself out later. Overall though, I'm feeling it. Good solid track with a good tempo, doesn't get boring and some interesting sounds.

Keep up the good work dude!

Peace

use a multimeter or a frequenct analyser...

solo the kick n make sure its peaking where you want it to (normally around 90-100hz)
then solo the bass and make sure its not conflicting a lot where the kick is.

use this throughout your mix and at the end ur analyser should be relatively level when the majority of your sounds are playing.

eq everything inc hi hats, shakers, cymbals etc...they all have pesky low end that makes the bass sound muddy.
other than that its all about trying different things n if it sounds better, leave it imo..

excellent track mate. not much to say about the mixdown, did you use lots of limiting and such? cos i like more air in the mix but thats just my personal preference. use the new talent forum next time would you?

You are a music technology teacher and you are asking a forum for feedback..? All sounds good, cool track!

Back
Top Bottom