Traktor Scratch beatmatching problems

Synx

VIP Junglist
I've mixed vinyl for 2 years not but basically I can't maintain a vinyl collection anymore (or even move it to my new place), so I got Traktor Scratch Pro last week. I'm finding it pretty difficult to get used to - I'm finding it very difficult to get locked mixes. Even tracks that I know are the same speed are a fraction of a BPM out so you can start to notice a bit of clashing after a few bars, whereas this didn't happen with my vinyl...anyone had any experience of using Traktor Scratch, especially with dnb - did you have this problem at all?

I've mixed vinyl for 2 years not but basically I can't maintain a vinyl collection anymore (or even move it to my new place), so I got Traktor Scratch Pro last week. I'm finding it pretty difficult to get used to - I'm finding it very difficult to get locked mixes. Even tracks that I know are the same speed are a fraction of a BPM out so you can start to notice a bit of clashing after a few bars, whereas this didn't happen with my vinyl...anyone had any experience of using Traktor Scratch, especially with dnb - did you have this problem at all?

Dude this even happens when you use CDJs - Even Basher mentioned it to me as he noticed it too!! Its a bit of joke and annoys the fuck out of me.. You are not alone in this man, its just a stupid querk of the program i guess :(

I noticed this as well when switching from vinyl to Traktor.
Just stick with it and practice only on Traktor and you will get used to it. I think it has made me a far better DJ from when I used to use vinyl...

I've noticed also that the pitch indicator - the little percentage (i.e. +0.5% or -1.3%) next to the track floats about a bit, as in it constantly spazzes between -0.3% and +0.3%. Is that normal or are my decks slightly out?

I've noticed also that the pitch indicator - the little percentage (i.e. +0.5% or -1.3%) next to the track floats about a bit, as in it constantly spazzes between -0.3% and +0.3%. Is that normal or are my decks slightly out?
Mine defo does that two, but it has never caused me any problems. I think its just the software trying to keep up with the tiny pitch changes you can expect from vinyl.

Are you using the timecode vinyls or just the software? I use the vinyls and they react just like normal vinyl for me...

Back
Top Bottom