What Music Software Program (could use Noisia, Cookie Monster, etc.)

tomasi514

Hi guys, sorry for such a beginner question. I am presently using Reason as Music Soft Program but not sure is the easiest+cleanest to make dirty modern DnB sound like Noisia, Cookie Monster (with heavy basses).
What Soft do you think those guys are using (+VST ? : Massive ????) : Live, Logic, Reason, Cubase ? I would actually concentrate on 3 first ones. I actually working on a PC and thinking about buying a Mac.

Please do not answer me what count is the guy behind, everybody knows that. Just go with your own preferences + I could ear something you made with this would even be better.

Thanks a lot!!

Last edited:
Please do not answer me what count is the guy behind, everybody knows that. Just go with your own preferences + I could ear something you made with this would even be better.

Sorry what?

Noisia do loads of different stuff. Mainly sampling and re-sampling though. Generally its all about filtering when it comes to noisia basslines. Filtering and distortion.

I've heard on this forum somewhere that MS Paint is pretty horrid for basslines.

Ask RevTech. He'll know.

what the fuck!

---------- Post added at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

noisia use cubase btw, theres an old QnA by them on DOA look at that

filtering & distortion.. thx 4 scoop dj..

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Thanks dexter

Use software that suits YOU - not Noisia. I found that out myself. Back when I started I had this thing about using whatever my favourite producers were using, or whatever everyone else told me was a 'hot DAW'. And then I found renoise. It isn't a popular DAW, and off the top of my head only one big producer uses it in D&B (B-Complex) but it suits me and I make miles better stuff with it then I did with reason/fl studio/reaper etc.

Use software that suits YOU - not Noisia. I found that out myself. Back when I started I had this thing about using whatever my favourite producers were using, or whatever everyone else told me was a 'hot DAW'. And then I found renoise. It isn't a popular DAW, and off the top of my head only one big producer uses it in D&B (B-Complex) but it suits me and I make miles better stuff with it then I did with reason/fl studio/reaper etc.

Yeah man.
I started out on FL because it was the easiest for me to learn and to get to grips with production in general, but I swapped to ableton as I found when I was on forums learning about all the technical phrasing and hz and whatnots, I found it difficult to translate that into FL. And the first tune I made on Ableton was miles better than FL.

So to cut a long boring story short:
Try loads, find out what you like best. Also a good neuro bass or noisia bass should take years to master so good luck :teeth: As for cookie monster, assign the lfo to the cutoff filter and you should be done

I think eventually as my skills improve I might make the switch from Ableton to Logic one day
But for now I am really enjoying Ableton, so whatever, who cares
They all make music in the end, whatever is helping you to pump out the beats is the best DAW

yeah, ms paint is pretty rinsed...i've switched up my method - i use the paper clip. i open up my DAW and start working. then clippy pops up, and he's like "i see you are writing a dirty bassline. would you like some help?"

DJ Hero is where its all the smart money is. You can make proper basslines on that baby. Also it can fatten the Amen - ya dig?

This thread just got turned around into win.

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

yeah, ms paint is pretty rinsed...i've switched up my method - i use the paper clip. i open up my DAW and start working. then clippy pops up, and he's like "i see you are writing a dirty bassline. would you like some help?"

Yeah, I heard noisia does something similar. I think the paper clip got scared and ran away after trying to help with a bassline though. Poor bastard

Back
Top Bottom