Hmmm, why isn't Subwave signed to Hospital anymore?

VersatileBJN

I thought he had an exclusive contract with hospital, but when I looked at their roster he's not there and instead has been replaced by this band. I checked his myspace and it says he's signed to Metalheadz?

Anyone know what went down?

Think there was quite a battle between Metalheadz and Hospital for him. I guess Metalheadz won

Thank god. Can you imagine what Hospital would do with him?

Headz suited subwave much more! Special skill's/ dream catcher.... More like that please!

well that's basically what I was asking myself too a few months ago. He's been exclusiv to Hospital for about half a year (actually after releasing Stars Get Down & I Need You on future sounds of russia). Then he uploaded an amount of stuff on soundcloud and a few months later (I think it was about half a year) he was exclusiv to Metalheadz again.
He's got an amount of tracks to release and working on an LP for Metalheadz now and @ Tiesticles, I don't think subwaves style would have really changed of if he were signed to Hospital. He's done quite a few cheesy tracks i.e. First Time which was released on Headz... and the new bits would suite both labels perfectly IMO just that his stuff is way better then the cheese any of the hospital heads would come up with. (I do rate Logistics & Nu:Tone tho always come up with something different)

Last edited:
To be honest, I would have liked to have seen him with Hospital. But I never really liked the tracks he did release on Hospital, so probably better he's with Metalheadz.

Maybe I just don't like his sound :P

well that's basically what I was asking myself too a few months ago. He's been exclusiv to Hospital for about half a year (actually after releasing Stars Get Down & I Need You on future sounds of russia). Then he uploaded an amount of stuff on soundcloud and a few months later (I think it was about half a year) he was exclusiv to Metalheadz again.
He's got an amount of tracks to release and working on an LP for Metalheadz now and @ Tiesticles, I don't think subwaves style would have really changed of if he were signed to Hospital. He's done quite a few cheesy tracks i.e. First Time which was released on Headz... and the new bits would suite both labels perfectly IMO just that his stuff is way better then the cheese any of the hospital heads would come up with. (I do rate Logistics & Nu:Tone tho always come up with something different)

that aint cheesy thats a sick tune... anyway continue with this thread i've put my two cents in

that aint cheesy thats a sick tune... anyway continue with this thread i've put my two cents in

That synth in the breakdown is a bit cheesy. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic track but it's not Dreamcatcher or Think. It's Subwave's new style and I don't think the sound would dramatically have changed if he was signed to Hospital or Headz.

That synth in the breakdown is a bit cheesy. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic track but it's not Dreamcatcher or Think. It's Subwave's new style and I don't think the sound would dramatically have changed if he was signed to Hospital or Headz.

i like that he went a bit minimal with this tune, besides to really appreciate it you have to be in a club because no speakers at home can show the sub bass on that track.. its a stinker.. he did do stars get down vip, which has lyrics from first time plus new ones over the original beat.. thats pretty heavy... his style would of changed at hospital for sure but in my eyes for the worse.. he needs to keep making moody shit coz he's great at that

too be honest his best release was on shogun audio think/indigo were both deep tunes none of that synthy crap like road rage wtf was that tune hated it but he can make deeper music like i need you i prefer that shit and i think being signed to headz will allow that side to flourish better???

subwave has always had a slightly minimal-esq sound imo

Nothing remotely cheesey about First Time. That tune is serious experimental weird techno sounding dnb business. If you dropped that at a "cheesey dnb" night, no one would know what the hell was going on. Stars Get Down on the other hand, is a bit cheesey. But I still love it.

Back
Top Bottom