Frequency Splitting

J-Rex

soundcloud.com/j-rex
VIP Junglist
Right was just wondering if anyone could give me a basic walkthrough as to the best way to go about frequency splitting in logic?? And any examples of how you have used this technique??
I know this unlocks alot of possibilities, not 100% sure how to go about it though.
Cheers in advance

im not to sure im correct in what you actually mean. but if you mean like, say a reece bass for example, you could split that into 3 parts for example, low, mid, and high.

basically you would make three seperate tracks, all containing the same sample, or vst. and eqing or filtering all of those tracks, so for the low freq of the bass, low pass it, for the mids, high pass and low pass, for the highs, high pass. then add seperate fxs to the frequency ranges.

then you could resample all the tracks together to create one sample or loop

im sure you could do this with anything, drums, pads etc

is that what you mean?

I tend to make my bass sound, sample a long note and load it into the ESX24 to manipulate it etc etc - I tend to load up the ESX24 on one channel, then send it to 3 different channels, wack an EQ on each channel, label then low, mid and high - then EQ the low channel so it has no higher freq's then 250hz, then the mid channel between 250 & 800hz then the top channel above 800hz or so...

Those are all rough guides as it depends on the sound - but the principle is the same really

yeah nice one this pretty much explains what I wanted to know, was wondering what sort of manipulation and fx techniques are good to use/have worked well for you after splitting the frequencies?
obviously there are endless possibilities, was just wondering if there are any specific things this would really help with?

Back
Top Bottom