Playing way too much

SmallVictoriez

Teen Pop Sensation
VIP Junglist
How often and for how long do you fellas play on a day to day basis, for the past 2 weeks I've been going at it hard for like 3-5 hours a day (seriously) - got a load of new vinyl in.. I'm noticing its starting to affect my sleep, meaning I fucking can't at least on a normal schedule, and when I'm at work I just hear tunes ringing in my head all day long - its almost becoming compulsive, scary shit.

Woke up at midnight after heading to bed at ~5 PM, jumped on the decks immediately and just stopped not too long ago. I need some sort of crazy strong narcotic to knock me out for a bit so I can focus on Monday.

haha that aint cool bro.. i get the same when ive been mixing all night - well hard to sleep cus your just buzzing & your minds so active

if ive got new tunes and im planning a mix I prob mix for a few hours a day maybe more depending on what im doing.. I dont fail to sleep after that though but if im on em till late then its a problem

Recently I found that I play better after making small breaks, so I play everyday for like 2-3 days and then I make a 1 day break before playing again.. Just now I spent a week in mallorca and when I came back had a gig so I could hardly practice, but it went very smooth without any fuck ups

My advice is not to overpractice or else you'll become too obsessed

same problem i have with producing... get in at 10 or so and im like, 'just listen to what i made yesterday', five or six hours and several spliffs later my early night is out the window!

How often and for how long do you fellas play on a day to day basis, for the past 2 weeks I've been going at it hard for like 3-5 hours a day (seriously) - got a load of new vinyl in.. I'm noticing its starting to affect my sleep, meaning I fucking can't at least on a normal schedule, and when I'm at work I just hear tunes ringing in my head all day long - its almost becoming compulsive, scary shit.

Woke up at midnight after heading to bed at ~5 PM, jumped on the decks immediately and just stopped not too long ago. I need some sort of crazy strong narcotic to knock me out for a bit so I can focus on Monday.

Or you could just man up and stop moaning?

same problem i have with producing... get in at 10 or so and im like, 'just listen to what i made yesterday', five or six hours and several spliffs later my early night is out the window!

:)

My time is regimented really, i only go in the studio at 4pm and finish by 9pm

Ill do that for about 5 days out of the week

when I get a load of new tunes in I'll mix straight for like 3-4 days, whenever its possible obviously, but tbh recently I've been mixing less - dunno why :(

when I get a load of new tunes in I'll mix straight for like 3-4 days, whenever its possible obviously, but tbh recently I've been mixing less - dunno why :(

Buy more tunes! I need to have a look at my chemical profile thing but I think I've bought somewhere around 150-200 records easy over the past couple months..

Buy more tunes! I need to have a look at my chemical profile thing but I think I've bought somewhere around 150-200 records easy over the past couple months..

literally once I get a job (Hopefully hear back next week) imma be working 7 nights a week and djing 7 days, that wud be so good - I cannot wait to buy a shitload of new music, I've already filled up my shopping cart on dnba haha

this could just be me ...

would love to mix more, but somehow cant, even if i got new tunes in - thats being the reason why i didnt upload mixes.. i just cant be arsed to mix without a massive :D. i much prefer producing when im on my own.

Dont ever mix at home anymore...get 2 hours playing out a week and thats all i do...

I spend too long into the night if i start when i get in from work

I will get fresh vinyl and be mixing a good 3-4 hours a day or more occasionally for about a week or so, then get bored of them.. and do the same amount in about 3-4 days, just get bored quickly when i don't have new tunes.. when i first started out i was on about 6 hours a day every day though

Back
Top Bottom