Traktor Scratch Pro

I used to use the program for laptop djing with a midi controller, so i can't really comment on the timecode side of things.

I found the program pretty good though - 4 decks to use, good sound quality. I guess my only gripe with it as far as remember was the bpm/beat detector - it's just crap! unless the rythym is really basic it'll get the rythym and bpm wrong so you'll have to do it manually.

gotta be honest if u need a bpm counter then please go away - traktor works well with timecodes, vinyl much more than CD i'd say

gotta be honest if u need a bpm counter then please go away - traktor works well with timecodes, vinyl much more than CD i'd say

ever tried beatmatching properly using the pitch control on a midi controller? have a go and you'll see why you need counters - the things are shit.

doesnt matter anyway now i use vinyl

Been using it for a year and a half. Solid program. I love the interface, just make sure to go with the PRO version, as the other ones get mixed reviews.

As far as bpm counting, no program on the market gets it right all the time. There is a manual tap tempo button you can use to correct it if there is an error. I never really had a need for BPM until you start mixing downtempo, Glitch or hip hop (because they are all over the place for tempo)

PM me if you need any help with your traktor set up,

Good choice

loads of great videos online too with regard to traktor, and lots more for the X1 Kontroller.

But if you have any questions, i do lurk on the forum daily and i would be delighted to help anyone out.

Ok so just got it and I'm a little bit pissed I can only use 2 decks at a time unless I buy and another 2 cables... Correct me if i'm wrong?

If so thats a fuckin pisstake.. like £500 isnt enough anyways!! BAHHHH

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

£25 each!!

http://www.soundbasemegastore.com/N...tch-Multicore-Cable-Replacement-Cable-p13658/

Actually I've just realised you can't even control 4 decks thru a mixer as there isnt enought ports on the box to do this!!! FFS, that has really pissed me off... Does this mean Im guna have to buy a stupid controller thingy with a mixer on it then?

Uber gutted :( 4 Decks advertising is well misleading to true DJs!! :(

Last edited:
Ok so just got it and I'm a little bit pissed I can only use 2 decks at a time unless I buy and another 2 cables... Correct me if i'm wrong?

If so thats a fuckin pisstake.. like £500 isnt enough anyways!! BAHHHH

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

£25 each!!

http://www.soundbasemegastore.com/N...tch-Multicore-Cable-Replacement-Cable-p13658/

Actually I've just realised you can't even control 4 decks thru a mixer as there isnt enought ports on the box to do this!!! FFS, that has really pissed me off... Does this mean Im guna have to buy a stupid controller thingy with a mixer on it then?

Uber gutted :( 4 Decks advertising is well misleading to true DJs!! :(

what the fuck man thats a joke

cant believe that.. i cant help you at all with it as obviously i dont have it hopefully deadealus will perk up

mannnn you spend all that heard earned and cant even do what it says on the box!!

yeah dude im proper bummed out.. You can't connect "4 decks" at all, all you can do is connect 2 decks and the a controller with "2 decks" .. Such a wank design and completely misleading :( Not what I excepted at all

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

OK sound just been on the phone to my good mate Sicky..

traktorscratchpro_carac4.jpg

This aint even in the fucking manual, wankers!

Happy days! Just need 2 more phono leads now.. The hunt is on!

Lol it is a bit of mission but once you understand the Audio 8 it aint too bad.. Still gotta get it all working now, timecodes aint controlling the software yet..

You need a phono pre amp to connect a third turntable to the audio 8, maplins sell them for about £20.

I use it with timecode vinyl and it's freaking brilliant. Very happy with it. I would like to get a midi controller for when I want to be lazy and just mess around.

I've been mixing with vinyls for years and I have to say Traktor with the timecoded vinyls is a very well done product.

There is a reset button on the bottom of the Timecode window, hit that button to reset, no reboot required. You can also use the drop down under the A or the B window to change it from internal to scratch control - that had me frustrated as hell when i first bought it, after that its smooth.

i love vinyl, and dont know if i could bring myself to get cdj's this traktor/serato sounds like the perfect solution! a couple of questions about it though... firstly what are these "timecodes" that ive heard people talking about? is that the vinyl you use to play the mp3s through traktor? who here has it? is it actually as good as it sounds? worth the cash? i think il either get this and continue with vinyls or get 1 cdj so i can play some mp3's aswel. buying vinyl is expensive as i live abroad and postage costs a bomb. This sounds like a way i can keep my decks but play mp3s through vinyls. Also will it work ok with a shoddy pair of decks, or is it better to have a nice pair of 1210/1200's?
I use a desktop pc, not a laptop, so would i be able to use it to play out?
any feedback appreciated

Back
Top Bottom