Best midi controller for laptop mixing.

lol, dont listen to this. 400quid for a technics setup, give or take a hundred

I am tking about 1st hand u idiot
2nd hands stuff has no guarantee, if something goes wrong u are fked. Cant even check the condition since its on ebay, it has a lot of risks. (of coz u might get lucky at the same time, up 2 u)

2nd hands stuff has no guarantee, if something goes wrong u are fked. Cant even check the condition since its on ebay, it has a lot of risks. (of coz u might get lucky at the same time, up 2 u)

yeh yeh, worth the risk though perhaps?
1st hand is pricey shit.

the whole point in buying technics is that they have a long lifespan! therefore you should be ok buying second hand. Some of the stuff on ebay looks mint at 400 quid

Gumtree is also worth a look for second hand technics - got a good quality pair off there for 250 - steal!

2nd hand technics are just as good as first hand pretty much.. Foolish move to buy first hand unless your absolutely loaded!

I must be a fool... but they're so shiny!

If you want to step it up from the Stealth system without going too deep try a numark DDS80. I was using that until I got my BAMF setup.

G'day, some of the opinions on this have actually made me quite angry to be honest with you, especially the one saying that CD is a dying format. I am a vinyl man, and always will be, Nothing will ever beat the feel of vinyl and total control of the fvinyl, being able to put the needle anywhere you want and it playing from there, you can hear the everything in real time in relation to how hard you spin the vinyl (cue'ing for example) and there is never going to be any sort of lag that you will get with a computer programme ( even the best software will have the potential to lag). But back to the point, CD cannot be a dying format, been into your local night club latly? Even if its a commercial or small venue, i can guarrante that there will be a pair of CD decks there, possibly turntables, but deffinatly cd decks. In my experience, most of the resident DJs (for commercial nights/ clubs - its where the money is hence why it is everywhere) do not 'mix' but fade tracks together. Now dont you think that if this is all that they do or need to do, them using a laptop may make their life easier as they wont need to burn their cds or the club wont need to burn any for them? But they still wish to use decks and turntables. That obviously means that it cant be a dying format as why spend all the money on cdj2000 and DJM800s? Because hardware specifically designed for its own individual purpose is going to be a lot more reliable (imo) than a piece of hardware made for 3 different purposes (if you get me lol) and, if they wish to have a dnb night or house night, then DJs can step right upto the decks, whack on their vinyl / cds and be playing in seconds, rather than plugging in their laptops, setting up a prgramme and hoping it doesnt crash (blady blahh).

Also, redeye seems to be at an all time strength, thats vinyl, last i heard was that vinyl was dead ( you talking shit haha- sorry) but obviously not, let alone CDs being dead.

AND, one last thing. DJ means what? DISC jockey. CD = disc Vinyl = disc Laptop = umm, squarey thingy?

If you wanna go all 21st centurary, please uses serato or such other timecode software? it makes you a DJ. Literally!

sorry if im chatting bare breeze, Those of you with a brain should be able to figure out exactly what im saying. i think.. haha

but yeah, if you wanna do it, its your choice, just dont come to me when you get laughed out of a club when your laptop freezes halfway through your set. - if you cant uses Decks you aint got nothing else to fall on.

Computers also make it easier, Vinyl = hard to master but teaches you soo much, CDJ = not easy to say the least but easier (imo) laptop DJing - the sync button is NOT your friend!

safe, essay over, im off to get high and play with some vinyl. LOVE YOU XXX

chatting breeze is an understatement..

so what I understand from that was that.. vinyl - good, CD - good, Laptop - bad

Try telling that to Marky, SPY, Groove, Roni Size, Shy FX, A Sides?? They're all you Serato or Software similar

The ability to DJ with Serato is exactly the same as using normal vinyl or normal CD's, your still using a pitch fader, the computer doesnt choose your selection or tell you where to drop the next tune or whatever so there is no skill lost in it at all!

and from what I have seen they dont have SYNC buttons!

I didnt mean that in context with serato, it was meant for midi controllers etc. If you had read my post you will of seen that i did say to use serato ( or other timecode format) rather than, say virtual dj or whatever, a commonly used programme. Ovbiosly Serato is out of the OPers budget as they would need a deck set up to run it? ( my knowlege of this piece of software is limited to knowing that you use 12" timecode discs or cds to play an MP3 file?) Serato is deffinatly a step in the right direction as far as turntablism is concerned, but I personally feel that buying a vinyl, regardless off paying a 5er for 2 tracks is supporting the industry well. It also adds a neat little collection. IMO, i would like to use serato but im not too sure if i would like it as i do like having a nice little collection of tunes on plastic!

Behringer make some good mp3/midi controllers at an affordable price. Before you buy, remember to check what OS they run on. Made a mistake by buying a cheap quality one that only ran on '98 and XP

you know when you manually spin vinyl when the needle is on it you can hear the tune?

what sound does a timecode disc make?

just curious.

G'day, some of the opinions on this have actually made me quite angry to be honest with you, especially the one saying that CD is a dying format. I am a vinyl man, and always will be, Nothing will ever beat the feel of vinyl and total control of the fvinyl, being able to put the needle anywhere you want and it playing from there, you can hear the everything in real time in relation to how hard you spin the vinyl (cue'ing for example) and there is never going to be any sort of lag that you will get with a computer programme ( even the best software will have the potential to lag). But back to the point, CD cannot be a dying format, been into your local night club latly? Even if its a commercial or small venue, i can guarrante that there will be a pair of CD decks there, possibly turntables, but deffinatly cd decks. In my experience, most of the resident DJs (for commercial nights/ clubs - its where the money is hence why it is everywhere) do not 'mix' but fade tracks together. Now dont you think that if this is all that they do or need to do, them using a laptop may make their life easier as they wont need to burn their cds or the club wont need to burn any for them? But they still wish to use decks and turntables. That obviously means that it cant be a dying format as why spend all the money on cdj2000 and DJM800s? Because hardware specifically designed for its own individual purpose is going to be a lot more reliable (imo) than a piece of hardware made for 3 different purposes (if you get me lol) and, if they wish to have a dnb night or house night, then DJs can step right upto the decks, whack on their vinyl / cds and be playing in seconds, rather than plugging in their laptops, setting up a prgramme and hoping it doesnt crash (blady blahh).

Also, redeye seems to be at an all time strength, thats vinyl, last i heard was that vinyl was dead ( you talking shit haha- sorry) but obviously not, let alone CDs being dead.

AND, one last thing. DJ means what? DISC jockey. CD = disc Vinyl = disc Laptop = umm, squarey thingy?

If you wanna go all 21st centurary, please uses serato or such other timecode software? it makes you a DJ. Literally!

sorry if im chatting bare breeze, Those of you with a brain should be able to figure out exactly what im saying. i think.. haha

but yeah, if you wanna do it, its your choice, just dont come to me when you get laughed out of a club when your laptop freezes halfway through your set. - if you cant uses Decks you aint got nothing else to fall on.

Computers also make it easier, Vinyl = hard to master but teaches you soo much, CDJ = not easy to say the least but easier (imo) laptop DJing - the sync button is NOT your friend!

safe, essay over, im off to get high and play with some vinyl. LOVE YOU XXX

Easy mate, the reason I said cd is dying is base on the fact CD sales is dropping every year + the rise of mp3, in fact many djs runs mp3 or plug i-pod/pc on cdj these days.

I had a Hercules RMX it was decent, glitched out quite a bit - and those are supposed to be top quality.

I now have the Traktor Kontrol X1 - Great for laptop mixing, and its really small and portable. The knobs are solid and the overall feel of it is very professional. Works great for mixing with decks or just off your laptop.

traktor_x1_1.jpg

computer music magazine gave it a 10/10 - and i would say its exceeds my expectations. And its super cheap too ;)

I had a Hercules RMX it was decent, glitched out quite a bit - and those are supposed to be top quality.

I now have the Traktor Kontrol X1 - Great for laptop mixing, and its really small and portable. The knobs are solid and the overall feel of it is very professional. Works great for mixing with decks or just off your laptop.

traktor_x1_1.jpg

computer music magazine gave it a 10/10 - and i would say its exceeds my expectations. And its super cheap too ;)

cheers pal :)

Back
Top Bottom