new monitors

boobjunkie

VIP Junglist
just been to pick up a pair of adam audio A7s

590251jpg.jpg

what monitors are you guys using?

alesis m1 mk2 active - and damn fine with them. got a good low end response and pretty nice highs, cant fault them at all.

edit: after i saw the fotos i can - their only fault is their loudness fader is on the back.

I got the alesis boxes as well. I've detected a strange bass behaviour in them, either the ports arent tuned at all that well, or my mixer is at fault. I'd be getting Genelecs with a sub if I had an extra 2000€.

HUH? Adam A7s don't look good ? Give me two minutes I'll have a quick heart attack.................................. OK I'm back, they're looking pretty nice to me mate congrats boobjunkie you smug bastard I'm very jealous

none at the moment but in a couple of months im hoping to get a pair of samson r5a's. only thing that concerns me is that they might have a disappointing low end...

Apparently those Adams A7's are a pig to position and get a sweet spot, you have to work really hard to get it all sitting nice, and then don't touch them! How have you found them?

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

On a side note, 'nice monitors' are no crack without some sufficient acoustic treatment. It's like getting a Ferrari and taking it down the local grease monkey to get it serviced. Ya dig.

they sound pretty sweet where i'm sitting, i'll play around with their positioning and see if i can get it sounding better

The adams are nice, we've got a pair in our house. their really fatiguing to work on though, very harsh and VERY revealing. often we find you over work a mix on the adams cos they sound so different to other speakers. the transients are amazing though, such quick response makes spotting compression a breeze. as for what risu was saying the just position them as you would any other speaker, the sweet spots quite easy to hear.

I use mackie HR624s mk2s and they're great if a little bit hifi. ideally i'd like some focal twin 5be's but i'll have to win the lottery first.

Back
Top Bottom